Author Topic: All aboard  (Read 1413 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
All aboard
« on: August 27, 2005, 10:45:38 AM »
The 10:40 to Geelong - Anyone from here catching this train, will be a beautiful spring day - looking forward to a day in the sun with a few coldies and hopefully (really hopefully) a win for cambo. :cheers

Moi

Re: All aboard
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 11:16:22 AM »
I'm making sure i don't miss Weenie's last game, so i'm driving down a day early just to get there in time for this momentous occasion.  Would not want to miss it  ;) :rollin

While i'm down there, can someone mind me a spot in the queue for the Tigers finals tickets?

Maybe not - but next year  :thumbsup

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 01:03:58 PM »
I'm making sure i don't miss Weenie's last game, so i'm driving down a day early just to get there in time
Must be a speedy jalopy to make it by tomorrow. 8) You can never be too careful.  ;D
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2005, 09:00:19 PM »
Must be a speedy jalopy to make it by tomorrow.  You can never be too careful. 

This is true.

Great weekend down Geelong and Port Arlington, although thought i'd never get home because Geelong Road was chockers tonight getting out.

JohnF, you must be very proud of Wayne and the way he went out in style today.  Shame he couldn't have had a home game at the 'G for everyone to say a very vocal Tiger farewell, although we tried our best for him to hear us today.  He came back to a function the Barwon Tigers held and a few of the Tiger Army were there and did a few renditions to him and Scotty Turner who rocked up.  Great stuff.  A few of the old players were there at the game.  I saw David Honeybun, Benny Gale, Toddy Menegola, Nathan Bower, Nick Daffy - great to see them make the journey to farewell Wayne.  Apparently there was about 50 ex players, but that's all i saw.

Congratulations to the Tiger supporters in my section (especially the bald bloke - you did your club proud).  About 10 of us and i reckon we made more noise than every Geelong supporter there.  No wonder they never win premierships - they don't support their club.  It was so quiet there from them today. 

Would have topped off a great weekend to win, but they did Wayne and the club proud today.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 09:11:07 PM »

This is true.

Great weekend down Geelong and Port Arlington, although thought i'd never get home because Geelong Road was chockers tonight getting out.

JohnF, you must be very proud of Wayne and the way he went out in style today.  Shame he couldn't have had a home game at the 'G for everyone to say a very vocal Tiger farewell, although we tried our best for him to hear us today.  He came back to a function the Barwon Tigers held and a few of the Tiger Army were there and did a few renditions to him and Scotty Turner who rocked up.  Great stuff.  A few of the old players were there at the game.  I saw David Honeybun, Benny Gale, Toddy Menegola, Nathan Bower, Nick Daffy - great to see them make the journey to farewell Wayne.  Apparently there was about 50 ex players, but that's all i saw.

Congratulations to the Tiger supporters in my section (especially the bald bloke - you did your club proud).  About 10 of us and i reckon we made more noise than every Geelong supporter there.  No wonder they never win premierships - they don't support their club.  It was so quiet there from them today. 

Would have topped off a great weekend to win, but they did Wayne and the club proud today.

Thanks for the report Moi. You're right, I am proud. I'm proud of all the boys. They did great today and it wasn't disappointing at all  as far as I'm concerned. Even though we lost I thought it was an uplifting way to end the season. Would have been good if Wayne got a farewell game at the 'G, but it looked like with the Tigers there, as well as the cats, he got a good send off from the crowd.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 06:52:22 AM »

This is true.

Great weekend down Geelong and Port Arlington

Portarlington moi :thumbsup