Author Topic: Six debutants so far this year  (Read 3097 times)

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Six debutants so far this year
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 12:34:09 PM »
While its the best the under 23's have looked at the Tiges for a some years I only see 1 genuine star in Dusty but some of the others may come good.

not stars - but you can build a team around miles / vlastuin

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 03:59:08 PM »
We have played 17 players with 50 or less games this year, including 10 with less than 10 games. That's trying to get games in to the less experienced in my langugue.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 05:54:43 PM »
We have played 17 players with 50 or less games this year, including 10 with less than 10 games. That's trying to get games in to the less experienced in my langugue.

Yep and its something I overlooked.
Also we've used 35 players to date, something I didn't realize.  So we have been stretched in terms of personale.

I still believe we didn't do the right thing by not playing more kids over the last two years.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 05:55:38 PM »

Also we've used 35 players to date, something I didn't realize.  So we have been stretched in terms of personale.

I still believe we didn't do the right thing by not playing more kids over the last two years.

pretty obvious

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 06:47:23 PM »

pretty obvious

which part?

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 08:52:36 PM »

pretty obvious

which part?

that hardwick played too many list blockers - not enough kids

anyone seen draft day ...

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 09:15:51 PM »
I'm still not convinced on him or the recruiting depth.
People easily forget

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 11:01:51 PM »
I think it's pertinent that Dimma admitted in his dissection this week that bringing in younger guys (even if forced on him by injuries) has added speed across the ground which has improved us defensively as a team in terms of much higher tackling numbers and creating turnovers via team pressure. Also attacking wise it enables us to break the lines and straighten us up to play more direct. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 12:05:33 PM »
I think it's pertinent that Dimma admitted in his dissection this week that bringing in younger guys (even if forced on him by injuries) has added speed across the ground which has improved us defensively as a team in terms of much higher tackling numbers and creating turnovers via team pressure. Also attacking wise it enables us to break the lines and straighten us up to play more direct.

:whistle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 09:18:12 PM »

“It’s exciting any time you bring in a new player, and they’ve got to earn their jumper, and play the Richmond way as we’ve spoken about,” said Tiger coach Damien Hardwick.

“We’ve regularly had three first-year players in our side, and not many other clubs have done that this year.

“It promotes a regeneration effect, I suppose you’d say.

“Probably a number of those guys have played a little bit earlier than we would have liked.  But we’ve obviously had some injuries to our players that normally play in those positions.

“While it is exciting, they’ve certainly got a lot of scope for improvement.  But it’s great to see them running around in a Richmond jumper.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-05-29/hardwick-hails-department-of-youth

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 11:58:41 AM »
I hate when he says the richmond way. Lacks credibility and makes him sound like spud
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »
I hate when he says the richmond way. Lacks credibility and makes him sound like spud

I agree.  It seems to be a trend, I wonder if its some sort of thyme they have been running with this season as I dont recall it in previous seasons.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2015, 11:57:12 AM »

“It’s exciting any time you bring in a new player, and they’ve got to earn their jumper, and play the Richmond way as we’ve spoken about,” said Tiger coach Damien Hardwick.

“We’ve regularly had three first-year players in our side, and not many other clubs have done that this year.

“It promotes a regeneration effect, I suppose you’d say.

Probably a number of those guys have played a little bit earlier than we would have liked. But we’ve obviously had some injuries to our players that normally play in those positions.

“While it is exciting, they’ve certainly got a lot of scope for improvement.  But it’s great to see them running around in a Richmond jumper.”

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-05-29/hardwick-hails-department-of-youth

you can tell hes not happy about not playing newman, foley, thomas, knights etc.