Author Topic: Staff and Razor sign new contracts  (Read 1242 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Staff and Razor sign new contracts
« on: October 06, 2005, 02:08:10 AM »
From the Age:

The Tigers yesterday contracted ruckman Greg Stafford for 2006, which will almost certainly be his last season in the game. Stafford, 31, had been considering retirement.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2005/10/05/1128191788810.html

From the Australian (as in the Fev thread):

Richmond defender Ray Hall yesterday agreed to a new two-year deal, but he may not remain at Punt Road. The Tigers are attempting to trade out Hall and Greg Tivendale to free up enough money to chase Fevola.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16826877%255E36035,00.html

letsgetiton!

Re: Staff and Razor sign new contracts
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 08:01:20 AM »
why  would u resign hall, if u cant trade him , delist him, he has not got what it takes imo , just a waste of time

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 10:43:14 AM »
why  would u resign hall, if u cant trade him , delist him, he has not got what it takes imo , just a waste of time

I can understand people not rating Razor. He is an average footballer and I think we need to start getting tougher with average footballers. But how can you say this on one thread and advocate us trading for Ben Haynes on another?

letsgetiton!

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 11:15:39 AM »

I can understand people not rating Razor. He is an average footballer and I think we need to start getting tougher with average footballers. But how can you say this on one thread and advocate us trading for Ben Haynes on another?

bec i saw ben haynes play as a rookie and know he can cut the mustard. he went to teh bumbers and was doing really well till injuries stuffed him, haynes is much better than pick 40 imo, thats why

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 12:48:14 PM »

From the Australian (as in the Fev thread):

Richmond defender Ray Hall yesterday agreed to a new two-year deal, but he may not remain at Punt Road.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,16826877%255E36035,00.html

:o :o How can that work ::) Do you say "here's 2 years son" and then the next day say "you're traded - goodbye" It doesn't make much sense but then again this is trade week and it rarely makes any sense ;D
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 07:13:10 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 03:37:10 PM »
:o :o How can that work ::) Do you say "here's 2 years son" and then the next day say "you're traded - goodbye" It doesn't make much sense but then again this is trade week and it rarely makes any sense ;D

It stops Razor on hearing he may be up for trade from just walking out on us and the RFC getting zero in return. The benefit to Razor is he's got 2 years of security whether he stays or is traded and he now has control and veto powers over where he goes if we want to trade him (Heffernan rule).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 04:57:48 PM »
I agree that Razor is underrated and he had a fairly good season in my opinion.

He is a much more viable option than a Ben Haynes. This bloke is finished, how many injuries has he had over the last couple of years. One being stress fractures in the foot which is too risky to take on.

Go get em Razor :thumbsup

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 08:31:56 PM »
The media are making the trades with Fevola up. You will find that Hall was never offered up for Fevola, it's sensationalism to create controvesy. Carlton NEVER got back to Miller after our approach on Monday
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 08:44:22 PM »
The media making something up? Never!  :rollin