Author Topic: I don't rate Menadue  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: I don't rate Menadue
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 09:58:20 PM »
Clearly Dimwit doesn't rate him either.....or Short.....or Chol.....or Markov.....or Miles. If your a second rate recycled hack though we'll that's right up his alley

Or C Ellis or Lennom
It's like we are flat out refusing to develop our own talent

Rinse and repeat from last year.

Ain't that the truth complete with bitching and moaning

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 10:51:55 PM »
C Ellis played half last year until he was injured. He badly needs to get better but he is signed until 2018.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 11:23:14 AM »
People need to remember this kid was 20kg below ideal weight when drafted. Hes had two yrs and he suffered big time from that lack of size he still looks skinny but he is getting there.The bigger he gets the more confidence he will gain and his ability to compete will improve.
I liked this pick at the time because of the pace run and skills nice height just lacked a lot of size.He was not who i wanted was adamant we needed the big inside mid in Blakeley.

In fact first two rounds i wanted one of Durdin, Lever or Goddard and i leant toward Durdin but would have been happy with any of them. Second round well was all over Blakeley.
Was keen on Oscar Mcdonald with the next and was over the moon we actually took a tall with our next in McKenzie.

I i cant argue with that
How are Durdin and Lever going?
Lever has been great and looks a quality long term defender,
Durdin has had a lot of injury issues and struggled to get on the park. Got a clear run at it about half way thru last yr and slowly built his game.Should play senior footy this yr injuries permitting.
He has been developed as a kpf at nm but i have always thought he should play in defense.Injuries or not Durdin was always going to be a long term prospect.

Goddard has played a handful of games for the saints only one last yr. What ive seen of him at the level he looks a real prospect faily confident that in time he will become their regular F/B.

We are talking talls here who have only been around for two yrs Lever has done exceptionally well and the other two injuries aside are probably tracking along nicely.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2017, 05:20:31 PM »
Bump i think the always right man is right again

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2017, 05:34:01 PM »
Yeah Nah
Unleash the tornado

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 03:53:43 PM »
Bump i think the always right man is right again

Tried to cut him some slack and pump his tyres before the game. Thought a faster game plan might suit him...

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 03:57:54 PM »
Yep -thought under the new gameplan we'd at least get to finally see him demonstrate that much touted pace of his....

...still waiting....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 05:50:53 PM »
Ill defend him.

Only 20 games to his name. Still very very young.

Kicking is sublime. Needs to be given games over the next year and a half to develop confidence (ahead of your recycled hack types) to take the game on.

Imagine him streaming through the middle at top speed and nailing almost every inside 50. Thats why you play him.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 06:08:12 PM »
Ill defend him.

Only 20 games to his name. Still very very young.

Kicking is sublime. Needs to be given games over the next year and a half to develop confidence (ahead of your recycled hack types) to take the game on.

Imagine him streaming through the middle at top speed and nailing almost every inside 50. Thats why you play him.
:clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 06:30:40 PM »
At the moment all we can do is imagine his "top speed".....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 06:38:57 PM »
At the moment all we can do is imagine his "top speed".....

Nah, atm you can experience 29 yo Griggs 'top speed' and 9 ironing 31 x loose disposals into our F50.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 08:00:17 PM »

I used to but unfortuantly he hasn't shown even a glimpse of his pace. May have only played 20 games but you'd want to see a glimpse of what they could possibly bring to the table like we've seen from kids like Mrakov, Rioli, Butler and Chol. Give me Menadue over your Hunt and Morris types though

tony_montana

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 08:02:44 PM »
I don't know why people are building him up as some sort of super speed machine, he's covers the ground well and is probably quick but certainly not Butler, Constanza or Rioli quick.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:33:12 PM by tony_montana »

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 09:31:53 PM »
Menadue plays every week for mine. Played well first half but faded when played down back in the second half...similar to McIntosh. I have seen him play many games at VFL level and he has speed, plenty of it. Good young player.