Author Topic: Tigers CEO Brendon Gale perfect for vacant AFL role: King (SEN)  (Read 512 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers CEO perfect for vacant AFL role: King

By Justin Talent
SEN
16 July 2017

David King has named Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale as his number one candidate to take over the now vacant role of AFL football operations manager from Simon Lethlean.

The former League footy boss yesterday stood down amidst alleged inappropriate relations with a younger female member of staff, with general manager of commercial operations Richard Simkiss also resigning following a similar matter with another woman.

Despite acknowledging that the search for a new footy boss will be difficult, King is adamant that Gale would be able to easily handle the heavy scrutiny that would be placed on him should be chosen to succeed Lethlean.

“He strikes me as the perfect person,” he said on SEN’s Crunch Time.

“It’s almost like he has done his role at Richmond. That box is ticked, they are financially flying.

“Maybe it’s a step that is a couple of years earlier than he would have thought, but he would be the perfect person wouldn’t he?

“That’s the first name that has come to me because he has a warmth about him. You still need to be approachable in that position and he has really done a fantastic job.

“I think he is a fantastic choice.”

Mark Robinson agreed, believing it would be a clear step forward for Gale along a path that could see him becoming a future League CEO.

“That is an outstanding suggestion… He has got strong principles,” he said.

Current CEO Gillon McLachlan told SEN radio that there is definitely not a culture problem behind closed doors at AFL House, and has backed in both Lethlean and Simkiss to be given a second chance down the line.

“Clearly every culture is a work in progress. We’ve got two guys who have made mistakes and I think they have taken complete accountability. Culturally I think that is significant,” he said.

“I’m very close friends with both these men and there’s an element of clear disappointment, but I accept that people make mistakes and they have owned them in a very full sense in the last few days.

“I know the industry is forgiving. They are high quality people and unbelievable executives.

“I feel confident they’ll get another chance.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/07/15/tigers-ceo-perfect-for-vacant-afl-role-king/

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tigers CEO Brendon Gale perfect for vacant AFL role: King (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 06:15:48 AM »
hope he goes and takes peggy with him