Author Topic: Just wondering if there's anyone as ridiculous as me 😂  (Read 1100 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Just wondering if there's anyone as ridiculous as me 😂
« on: September 23, 2019, 03:02:56 PM »
So l had to work on Preliminary final night. It's my business, it's really busy - I had no choice.

I was able to watch the first half on my phone out the back of my shop while sitting on a milk crate. Obviously things were starting to look grim. My heart started to sink. Flash backs to last year's disappointment.

Unfortunately I got called back in and I couldn't check my phone for the next 45 minutes. When I did wasn't I in for a delightful surprise - Tigers in front almost 3/4 time.
I was in a position to watch it on my phone again but I couldn't. I was overcome with nerves. There was just too much on the line.

Instead I just drove around in my car for half an hour listening to music. I wanted to wait until I knew the game was over before checking my phone for the final score.

When I finally did - it wasn't elation or pure  joy - just relief.
I guess this is the difference when you are the team to be at and the premiership is yours to lose.
Such a different feeling to 2017 when it was all so exciting.

I did go home on Friday, I bought a bottle on wine and really enjoyed the replay.

Can anyone relate ??
Unleash the tornado

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Just wondering if there's anyone as ridiculous as me 😂
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 03:56:14 PM »
I went and rode the bumps in the flesh but there’s some merit in your approach  ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 04:14:59 PM »
I laughed at my father ( who's a massive West Coast fan) he couldn't bring himself to watch our round 22 game.
He just checked his phone all match.

I thought he was being silly and told him he missed the game of the season.

Turns out I'm silly too.
Unleash the tornado

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 04:19:10 PM »
I was at the game and had to find a quiet corner to reflect at halt time.  Wanted to win very badly just so I could enjoy the week. 

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 04:37:31 PM »
So l had to work on Preliminary final night. It's my business, it's really busy - I had no choice.

I was able to watch the first half on my phone out the back of my shop while sitting on a milk crate. Obviously things were starting to look grim. My heart started to sink. Flash backs to last year's disappointment.

Unfortunately I got called back in and I couldn't check my phone for the next 45 minutes. When I did wasn't I in for a delightful surprise - Tigers in front almost 3/4 time.
I was in a position to watch it on my phone again but I couldn't. I was overcome with nerves. There was just too much on the line.

Instead I just drove around in my car for half an hour listening to music. I wanted to wait until I knew the game was over before checking my phone for the final score.

When I finally did - it wasn't elation or pure  joy - just relief.
I guess this is the difference when you are the team to be at and the premiership is yours to lose.
Such a different feeling to 2017 when it was all so exciting.

I did go home on Friday, I bought a bottle on wine and really enjoyed the replay.

Can anyone relate ??
This is my exact life. If I'm not at games I hide from the live telecast and don't check scores until I know the game has finished.

I feel so validated all of a sudden.

Tragics, we are mate  :thumbsup. But I wouldn't change a thing!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 04:47:18 PM »
I wouldn’t miss 1 minute of any of our games by choice. The nerves,  the anticipation and feeling every bump is just part of it.

The result is one thing but the journey and watching it all unfold is what it’s all about.

In saying that I’m glad there are people like you as it makes it a little easier getting a ticket to the big games.

Enjoy your drive on Saturday

Offline mat073

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »
I wouldn’t miss 1 minute of any of our games by choice. The nerves,  the anticipation and feeling every bump is just part of it.

The result is one thing but the journey and watching it all unfold is what it’s all about.

In saying that I’m glad there are people like you as it makes it a little easier getting a ticket to the big games.

Enjoy your drive on Saturday

I'll be able to watch the big dance on Saturday.

In my mind the prospect of losing a sudden death preliminary final was much worse - especially when we're widely regarded as the best team.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 06:13:56 PM »
I was there just quietly pooing bricks with the family, and then giving it out as loud as possible because there were two cats supporters behind us haha

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 01:53:31 AM »
Now this is dedication!🐯

We're still three days out from the #AFLGF, but that hasn't stopped MCC member and @Richmond_FC fan Sam from queuing up outside Gate 2 to get a prime walk-up seat for Saturday's clash against @GWSGIANTS.

https://twitter.com/MCC_Members/status/1176790947650297856

https://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-fan-sam-connellan-arrives-three-days-before-afl-grand-final-to-queue-outside-mcc-members/news-story/c3ad23a5e11be79799340b2d635b7af1