Author Topic: Hardwick's post-game presser  (Read 599 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's post-game presser
« on: May 31, 2021, 04:12:39 AM »
Dimma's post-match presser:

Watch here: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/948851/round-11-hardwick-post-match

--------------------------------------------------

Summary:

* I thought there was some really positive parts of our game. Offensively started slowly and gave the ball back in that first quarter to give up 6 goals was disappointing. After that, we moved the ball pretty well and controlled it well throughout the night. To end up with 20 marks inside 50 and our big blokes getting reward for effort was a real positive.

* It took a little bit of time initially in the game for our 3 talls to jell. As they started to get their patterns right and we started to use the ball better inside 50, I thought they started to look really damaging and big and powerful which is a real positive for us. We've been mindful to get those guys in the side and it's funny how they complemented each other tonight. I thought they were really good and promising moving forward. We've got a big challenge next week against the Bombers in the Dreamtime game.

* Was the gameplan tonight with a lot of uncontested marks by design?
  It was something we've been working on for a little while. We probably went a little bit over the top to be fair, especially in quarter one. The last quarter was us trying to control the ball so the numbers blew out. Adelaide offensively like to keep the ball in motion and control the ball. So we tried to deny them that opportunity at stages. We probably controlled it too much at stages. Once again it takes a little bit of time to work on those things to come into the right balance. We'll continue to work on it but overall we don't want take 120 uncontested marks like we did tonight.

* We're off to Perth for Dreamtime. We're excited. Can't wait to be apart of it. We'll head over there on Friday (for a Saturday game) and give it a crack against a rampaging Essendon, they're probably one of the form sides of the competition, having won their last three games on the trot. So it's going to be an enormous challenge for us. I’d be disappointed if it’s not sold out.

* Edwards will be a highly probable chance of playing next week, which is exciting for us. He ran really well today. We think he probably will play at this stage. He's in Sydney. Came up today [Sunday].

* Hub life?
  I think in these times, clubs are very, very good at looking after each other with regards to training venues and helping each other out. We'll move hotels to Coogee, I think, and then probably train more at the SCG, we're not completely sure. There's more of a collegial feel where sides are willing to help each other out at this time.

* Entire list is up in Sydney. We had a scrimmage with GWS yesterday with our younger players, so they're all up here.

* Nankervis is a warrior. He got a knock on his shin. So I presume he's going to be okay but we'll know more if he has a scan.