Author Topic: Noah Cumberland [merged]  (Read 64281 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Noah Cumberland [merged]
« Reply #570 on: June 18, 2024, 12:50:27 PM »
He’s been given plenty of opportunities but I feel the club will cut him loose at seasons end .

I think the criticism over his football intelligence is on the money.

His good form at the end of 2022 appears to be the exception not the norm .
Unleash the tornado

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #571 on: June 18, 2024, 03:57:21 PM »
Yeah i think he is done.

Happy to see him play the year out, however i think hes done and not up to AFL!

Really think much of it is above his shoulders too.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #572 on: June 18, 2024, 09:45:57 PM »
I watched him pretty closely last 2 weeks and agree - re:- above shoulders. Was alert and pro active vs Crows and became more agitated as game wore on vs Hawks. Reckon early touches important for his confidence
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2024, 10:52:53 AM »
I will probably get howled down but he seems the sort of player who is in and out of the side, his performance is under a microscope every week and his brain is like a tin of spaghetti, constantly out guessing himself.
He has a lot of positive qualities, play him as much as possible, he will either pull through it and we keep him, or he won’t and could go somewhere else and do very well.
That’s footy I guess

Online JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #574 on: June 19, 2024, 11:17:10 AM »
Can we give Cumbo a go as a midfield tagger/pest?  Someone to get under the skin of A grade players & drag them down? 
Its about time Cumbo damaged the opposition instead of himself & the club, give him a go I say!     :cheers
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #575 on: June 19, 2024, 11:17:23 AM »
I will probably get howled down but he seems the sort of player who is in and out of the side, his performance is under a microscope every week and his brain is like a tin of spaghetti, constantly out guessing himself.
He has a lot of positive qualities, play him as much as possible, he will either pull through it and we keep him, or he won’t and could go somewhere else and do very well.
That’s footy I guess

Nope I agree 100%

It's a shame he can't get the consistency that Dow is getting despite Dow showing absolutely no indication that he will ever be a dangerous contributor IMO.

Just vanilla handballs.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #576 on: June 20, 2024, 01:44:29 PM »
That’s footy I guess

Nope I agree 100%

It's a shame he can't get the consistency that Dow is getting despite Dow showing absolutely no indication that he will ever be a dangerous contributor IMO.

Just vanilla handballs.

You actually have to get your hands on the ball to be dangerous. I think its time to let him go.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #577 on: June 20, 2024, 01:56:49 PM »
That’s footy I guess

Nope I agree 100%

Just vanilla handballs.

You actually have to get your hands on the ball to be dangerous. I think its time to let him go.

Cumberland has shown he can hurt teams when he's on.

Dow has never done this.

We get slaughtered last week and the entire forward line was utterly useless - don't see why Cumberland is the whipping boy again after that pitiful display.

I would rather play Cumbo the rest of the year vs Dow because at least I know he can be damaging and I want to know if his confidence can improve.

Dow is a 100% write off for me. He's about as good as Graham but smaller.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #578 on: June 20, 2024, 02:05:03 PM »
I remember a young Alex Rance being seen as a bit of a cluster before he just blossomed into a champion.
I not saying Noah will soar to those levels but he’s a great example of the need to somewhat bespoke the development curves to the individual - starting with the potential and then working back to current state of play. The bigger the gap, the more you persist, providing that ceiling delivers the right performance.

Tyson Stengle is another who springs to mind.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #579 on: June 20, 2024, 07:42:22 PM »
That’s footy I guess

Nope I agree 100%

Just vanilla handballs.

Dow has never done this.

We get slaughtered last week and the entire forward line was utterly useless - don't see why Cumberland is the whipping boy again after that pitiful display.

I would rather play Cumbo the rest of the year vs Dow because at least I know he can be damaging and I want to know if his confidence can improve.

It is a confidence thing to a point. He doesn’t understand game plans well enough to compliment the team. His scatter style only confuses himself and the rest of the team. He is a liability to team structures meaning he is a bust at this level. Let it go for your own sanity

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #580 on: June 20, 2024, 07:53:18 PM »
That’s footy I guess

Nope I agree 100%

Just vanilla handballs.

Dow has never done this.

Don't believe i have said any different
 My view has got to the point where i don't think we should keep either.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #581 on: June 20, 2024, 08:18:30 PM »
Let it go for your own sanity

lmao the irony... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #582 on: June 20, 2024, 08:29:55 PM »
Let it go for your own sanity

lmao the irony... :shh

Agree.

Lets do a poll
two questions .

Has Cumberland done enough to not be dropped this week.
Is he a long term keeper given hes basically a small had zero consistency and is 23.

Can ask similar questions about Graham. Different role where he should be more involved but similar output and consistency given that.

The smart answer would be both are not long term solutions and will only take games away from any developing players we may get or already have.
Time to move on given the state of the list.

We can do this with plenty of others as well. Thomson Dow for instance. Yes he pulls a tiger jumper on but supporters need to get the blinkers off and judge him just as you would a kid in the draft along with performances.