Author Topic: Instilling a bit of Mongrel into the team.  (Read 2045 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Instilling a bit of Mongrel into the team.
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 08:19:05 PM »
Might have to send hubby down to Melb.  Yesterday he played a "social" game with some fellows - some who had hardly ever played (preferring rugby) - a lot 10 years hubby's junior.  Come half time hubby's back had gone and he was feeling worse for wear but it didn't stop him.   Back somehow rightened itself.  I went off to netball with mini-me during the second half.  Hubby's team won 130-113.  Hubby kicked 8 goals.  In the last quarter he had his head over the ball when he could see a guy charging at him.  This other guy is no lounge potato and cuts quite a figure (one the ladies would quite appreciate - as does his wife).  Hubby sees him coming and braces himself with hip and shoulder.  Bodies fly.  Hubby gets up and the other guy is still on the ground.  Hubby could barely move when he got home and has nice bruising on his left side, including marks on his arm.  The other guy broke his shoulder and elbow (elbow was done earlier in the game we think).  Hubby has already booked in to see the chiropractor tomorrow.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 09:01:26 AM »
Kings mongrel.  :clapping

His obvious passion for his footy team and the rage on his face when his opponent marks it, or when the umpire give a soft one one against him!!  :bow    :clapping 

The hurt on his face whenever he was beaten yesterday told the story.  We have to hang onto him, he has that thing, errr ah,  oh that's right.  PERSONALITY.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 09:06:41 AM »
See you in 35 mins X, i am leaving now  :lol :wallywink

:wallywink

typical!!!

u r a waste of time, and oxygen