Author Topic: Miller on SEN  (Read 1336 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Miller on SEN
« on: February 08, 2008, 10:12:41 AM »
He's on now with KB and Greg Swann.

if he says anything interesting i'll put it down, hopefully before my meeting.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Miller on SEN
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 10:51:28 AM »
Cleve Hughes has a LOT of growing up to do. Greg said LOT quite a few times.

They see his potential though that's why he was signed for 2 years, that will give him some confidence as well.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ox

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 12:35:17 PM »
what does that mean?
He's an imbecile ?

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:05:30 PM »
what does that mean?
He's an imbecile ?

Means he wears Corey Delaney style glasses, judging by his MySpace website I saw a few months back.
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Ox

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »
imbecile.
Thanks Fwoy

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 02:28:49 PM »
what does that mean?
He's an imbecile ?

Means he wears Corey Delaney style glasses, judging by his MySpace website I saw a few months back.

Sorry I must be a bit simple. What do you mean?

To me Hughes seems to have plenty of potential but just seems to believe he 'deserves' everthing without having to work for it.

I am a firm believer that an average players with a great mindset will have a much better career than a star with a weak mind.

Stripes

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 03:58:01 PM »
And probably wears his cap backwards!
To me Hughes seems to have plenty of potential but just seems to believe he 'deserves' everthing without having to work for it.
A very strong pointer to immaturity.
I am a firm believer that an average players with a great mindset will have a much better career than a star with a weak mind.
Absolutely.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »
Typed this up at the time but couldn't get on the internet  :scream...

Miller and Swann on SEN with KB (10-11am)

* Both games a big this year (round 1 and centenary). Should do a deal (a bit of money).

* Swann said Judd will play in a couple of weeks and round 1. If not then so be it.

* Browny rested yesterday. Will play next week vs Saints.

* Caller asked to play Richo in the goalsquare and he'll play for another 5 years like Alistair Lynch. Miller said if you saw Richo yesterday he's still running around like an 18 year old so no need to be in the goalsquare as yet. Maybe in a year or two.

* Cogs, Polo played yesterday and both got through and did better as the game went along. Polo particularly got a fair bit of the ball.

* Local player was on Richo in the last quarter and ran up and gave Richo an elbow to the side and did all the things defenders do. Richo laughed.

* Caller asked Miller when will he take responsibility for recruiting. You've been down there 10 years (sic). Will we have to wait another 10-15 years?
Miller said he's only been there 5 years. We've got a very talented group of 22 year olds and under. Best in the competition IHO. Patience needed.

* Miller on Cloke, Buddy, Hawkins (and J.Brown). Competition lucky to have such power forwards and they  will be dificult to match up on in years to come.

* Casserly - OP first year and played 12 games last year. Yesterday one of the best on the ground. Built as a modern day footballer. Right time for him now being in his 3rd year.

* Rance - Big boy. Came to footy as a 14-15 year old. Murray his dad deliberately held him back. Time to develop skills and other things. Patience. Whole family coming over to Melbourne.

* NAB Cup bench rules - disappointed that there was no consultation. 1/4 and 3/4 time moves are included as bench changes which is tough. Swann agreed with Miller.

* Our membership is tracking ahead. Aiming for more than 30,000.

* Cotchin - Richmond kid. Suited us in type of player.He'll be fine. Don't need him straight away and we can take our time with him.

* Patto - Did a great job shouldering the responsibility in the ruck last year in the absence of Simmo. Will play forward (as he did yesterday) and ruck. Uninterrupted preseason. Will play next week vs Saints.

* Lids - 188-9cm. Tall, strong and quick. Hope he cuts his hair though (laughs). Start as a forward but he can play anywhere either as a power forward or up the ground. Pleased with his progress.

* 2 spots up forward in terms of talls - Richo plus one of Jack, Cleve and Polak. Polak can play in defence as well.

* Riewoldt - Good effort to play 6 games in his debut year at CHF/FP. Slimmed down and lost a lot of that puppy fat.

* Hughes - Strong and an accurate kick. Did well yesterday kicked 3 goals. Cleve still had a bit of growing up to do. Being dropped from Coburg's GF side was a kick up the backside. Some early 2007 season form was promising and we always have believed he has the talent as shown by us signing him to an extra 2 years.

* Expects both Jack and Cleve to play 12 games this year.

* Only predictions are more than 30k members and we will win more games than last year. Joked about Carlton winning another spoon and first pick but being in the paper so much some people are starting to believe they are any good. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 08:48:57 PM »
Cleve Hughes has a LOT of growing up to do. Greg said LOT quite a few times.

They see his potential though that's why he was signed for 2 years, that will give him some confidence as well.
Miller mentioned about Clever being dropped to the Coburg ressies by the end of the year. I think that's where the "growing up to do" line stems from. Fair enough as his workrate dropped away as the year went along. However I always thought Cleve was harshly dropped from the senior side in the first place over one quiet/bad game after two bags of 3. Let's hope he can find some consistency and that kick up the backside fires up the belly and spurs him on this year. Casserly was another Miller seemed to think should step up this year.

Interesting he said there was only one spot left for either Cleve, Jack or Polak up forward. No mention of Patto in that group even though Miller said he'll play forward. So that's Richo, another KPP, Lids and 3 smalls up forward this year (?).

Apart from that it was more of the same. Telling us again to be patient with our cubs.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd