Author Topic: Changes for next week against Brissy?  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against Brissy?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 12:12:55 PM »
Midfielder for a midfielder....Polo out for Richo.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
who will make way for Richardson ?

The player that's in the worst form.

That's Cleve Hughes.
Except Richo is a mid and taking Hughes out will put more attention onto Riewoldt & Morton

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2008, 01:35:17 PM »

That's Cleve Hughes.
Except Richo is a mid and taking Hughes out will put more attention onto Riewoldt & Morton

Thought this might be brought up after I posted that.

I'd give Patto and Simmonds more time in the forward line when Richo is up on the wing.

Patto needs more game time imo and Simmonds can certainly play forward.

Let them share the time Richo is up the ground and not playing forward which he seems to for about 25% of quarters.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 01:00:23 AM »

That's Cleve Hughes.

I'd give Patto and Simmonds more time in the forward line when Richo is up on the wing.

Let them share the time Richo is up the ground and not playing forward which he seems to for about 25% of quarters.
I think that can work with Simmo (3 goals against the Bombers) but not yet with Patto. Once the ball hits the ground we're effectively one down as far as forward line pressure. Also what happens is the best defenders will go to Jack and Mitch before the ruckmen as they are more a threat. The bombers had Michael on Jack and Ryder on Cleve IIRC. That freed up Mitch in the first half, Simmo when he was resting forward  and Browny in the last. I'd rather give Cleve one more go as I think what happened to Polly has understandably affected him the past couple of weeks, but if he is dropped then Schulz most likely will have to play forward as we won't need 4 tall defenders.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 11:09:40 AM »

That's Cleve Hughes.
Will be very disappointed if Cleve is the one to go. Just think that we need talls up forward and he is surely better than a resting ruckman, and he is a darn good finisher when he does get the footy. Hard to know who to leave out though

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 12:45:17 AM »
Bojangles on BF says the word at last night's cocktail party was

IN: Richo, Jackson
OUT: Hughes, Schulz?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11815019&postcount=1

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 02:01:05 AM »

That's Cleve Hughes.

Hughes should not be dropped.

3rd year KPP forward who has shown good signs in a winning team. Stick with him.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 08:44:41 AM »
Its "WIN TIME" for the next few weeks while we try to make the finals.

"DEVELOPMENT TIME" is out the window until we definitely can't make the eight.

Hughes is well below what others are doing so I would suggest he goes back to Coburg for some confidence while Richo comes in (Auto pick) to give us more power and drive.

I also think that Polo might be out too. That mark he butchered in the last quarter was pretty ugly and he was dragged immediately. Connors or Jacko to come back in?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 10:59:38 AM »
I think that can work with Simmo (3 goals against the Bombers) but not yet with Patto. Once the ball hits the ground we're effectively one down as far as forward line pressure. Also what happens is the best defenders will go to Jack and Mitch before the ruckmen as they are more a threat. The bombers had Michael on Jack and Ryder on Cleve IIRC. That freed up Mitch in the first half, Simmo when he was resting forward  and Browny in the last. I'd rather give Cleve one more go as I think what happened to Polly has understandably affected him the past couple of weeks, but if he is dropped then Schulz most likely will have to play forward as we won't need 4 tall defenders.

I think this point should be highlighted. We are looking more dangerous up forward because of our new structure and more specifically the unpredictability of the options. We don't want to ever get to stage where we are reliant upon any one forward to kick our score and even though Cleve has not kicked many goals over the last couple of weeks he has taken a strong defender which has freed up players like Morton, Jack, Browny and even Simmo.

What may happen this week is that Jack and/or Mitch are given the best defenders which will in tuen free up Cleve to kick a few goal for us. It is the good thing about having many viable options up forward and taking away one of them puts more pressure and focus the the the others.

Similiarly bringing Richo back into the mix will throw the dynamics and cause our midfielders to revert back to the 'Kick it to Richo' mentality once more. Richo is better now when he floats back into the forwardline, much like what Simmonds does, to stretch the defenders.

I think we should leave Cleve in there for structural reasons and just to give the young fellow enough opportunities to overcome the Polak incident and gain some much needed confidence. As tigerfan stated he is a great kick for goal and with the third or even fourth best defender this week he may be able to get his hands on the ball more.

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 05:00:43 PM »
Could not agree more Stripes. Top post  :clapping.

If that rumour from BF about Jacko coming in is right then that means he'll tag Black again as Jacko completely shut him down last year in that draw.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd