Author Topic: Tambling on Sport 927 (audio and summary)  (Read 1014 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling on Sport 927 (audio and summary)
« on: July 22, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »
Richmond midfielder Richard Tambling previews this weekend's game against Brisbane at the Telstra Dome.

http://www.sport927.com.au/gateway/Daily_Audio/Sound%20Grabs/RT_220708.asx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tambling on Sport 927 (audio and summary)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 04:30:03 PM »
Summary

* How are you doing?
Very well Andrea. A bit cold (was 7 degrees this morning). Much different to where I come from. Still haven't adapted to it but the doona does the trick.

* Joel Bowden tactics?
Happy he's done it as we got the win and if he hadn't we would have been closer to being done by Essendon. So we love Joel and if any of the other boys had done it they would have got as much praise as Joel has.

* You're on a bit of roll. Things going well at Tigerland?
Yeah not too bad. We've won 4 out of the last 5 games and were unlucky against Carlton being up at half-time but what cost us is what has cost us all year and that's one bad quarter or a lengthy period of time. Other than that we've played some good footy so hopefully we can do that this weekend and get another win on board.

* What sort of role did Wallace have given he was unwell and in hospital for a few days?
He had his normal role out there and pretty much talking at every break. The assistants are always helping him out and calling the rotations. So Plough did what he normally does and was in full voice as always.

* What about your own form? Your first couple of years were tough with injury and getting into the side but things seem to be going really well at the moment?
Yeah I've managed to get my body right and my fitness up a little during the preseason. The coaches have given me a chance in the midfield and that's where the rest of the boys want me to play. So hopefully I can repay them by having a strong finish to the end of the year and do some more work next preseason and have another good year next year.

* So everything right with the body and your fit and healthy?
Yeah I'm fine. Just pop into the physio and get some maintenance done and yeah it should be sweet.

* What are you doing differently to keep your fitness up? 
During preseason we trained a lot harder and the midfield group did a few extra sessions and just the extras during the week whether it's swimming, bikeriding or just another jog to get my fitness up. I think I've found how hard you have to work if you want to play midfield so that's helped quite a lot.

* This week you have Brisbane. Any changes and will Richo come back?
Not quite sure at the moment. There's a few boys up for selection as Coburg had a good win so some might come out of that. We have training today and again on Thursday so hopefully Richo can get through and come into the side to add a bit more grunt up forward.

* A number of sides are vying for the finals including the Tigers. Do you think about September or is that not allowed?
It's always in the back of your mind as you've been dreaming about it since you were a kid. We're just trying to work on a week to week basis so all we're concentrating on is Brisbane this weekend. Some may say it's a do or break game but that's all we are concentrating on and putting all our efforts in to get across the line.

How do you assess Brisbane. What are their strengths you need to counter?
Definitely their forwards Brown and Bradshaw plus a star-studded midfield in Black and Power. We've got stop their run and have all 22 players contributing like the past 2 weeks.

Your backline has been doing a great job. A young and inexperienced backline. Wallace must be pleased with their year?
Definitely. We play as a team down back and that's been the big difference. The boys are helping each other out and the midfield is pushing back to help the backmen out and we know how important it is to get back and help them out. They're doing a wonderful job and setting ourselves up from the backline.

blx

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 11:22:10 PM »
would be great to see him eventually play a significant role in the midfieldbut gee he looks great when in open sapce ala Mcleod.

just glides when he runs. I see him as a waste in the middle.

He's a speed machine and should be used on a wing and around packs not in them.

thats my 2 cents, thank you very much and goodnight.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 08:01:03 PM »
On the weekend he did work hard to get to contests and then break free using his pace but he missed those running goals in the 3rd quarter. He could have become the hero and turned what was a decent game into a great game.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 08:24:24 PM »
I spoke to a few Essendon supporters about Tambling and they raved about him and in particular how he darts through packs, wrong-foots and side steps opponents rather than skirts around the outside of the pack like the majority of midfielders do.

Bling always draws opponents to him when he runs becasue they know he is dangerous which frees up our players further afield.

Stripes

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 12:28:19 AM »
I spoke to a few Essendon supporters about Tambling and they raved about him and in particular how he darts through packs, wrong-foots and side steps opponents rather than skirts around the outside of the pack like the majority of midfielders do.

Bling always draws opponents to him when he runs becasue they know he is dangerous which frees up our players further afield.

Stripes

its when he doesn't take opposition players on i start to get worried.
When he stops running he looks lost, and as a consequence starts to kick sideways and do his short chip kicks.

i hate that play with a passion

He has a lot to do before he becomes an elite footballer

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 05:23:44 PM »

Stripes

its when he doesn't take opposition players on i start to get worried.
When he stops running he looks lost, and as a consequence starts to kick sideways and do his short chip kicks.

i hate that play with a passion

He has a lot to do before he becomes an elite footballer

Yep he needs to take them on and go direct more often every week before people will get off his back.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline shannon

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 05:36:41 PM »
bling bling is developing nicely
DELEDIO FOR CAPTAIN ASAP!