Author Topic: Anticipation building among Tigers - afl.com.au  (Read 757 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Anticipation building among Tigers - afl.com.au
« on: February 03, 2009, 05:16:56 PM »
Anticipation building among Tigers

FOOTY is back and Richmond captain Chris Newman says that it’s about time.

Richmond will travel to Subiaco next weekend to take on Fremantle for round one of the NAB Cup and he says the anticipation at the club is building.

"It's that time of year where we start to forget about the running after training and things like that, a few more footys come out and  we've been waiting for NAB (round) one for a while now, and we've prepared really well," Newman said on Tuesday afternoon at the club's Telstra AFL Community Camp in Craigieburn.

"It's going very well, the boys are up and going, everyone's basically fit – there's only a few left in rehab now – so we've got a pretty full list to be able to choose from going into NAB one.

"It's that time of year where the pre-season phase stops and the more game-style structured stuff comes into play, so the boys are jumping out of their skins."

The Tigers have their first serious hit-out of the new season with an intraclub match at Gosch's Paddock at 10am on Thursday, but Newman said he wasn't sure of the make-up of the two sides.

"There's still a few that have to be monitored with their injuries, so I'm not sure who's available, but there is a fair squad to choose from.

"It should be a really good event – it's at Gosch's Paddock, so we hope everyone gets out there and has a look.

"There's been talk of 20,000 (spectators) - I doubt that seriously, but I just encourage all Richmond supporters and fans in general to come out and have a look.

"I'm not too sure how it would actually be structured, but I'd say it'd be fairly even teams, and I'd say that one side would be predominantly the side that would play NAB one, and the others that are still in contention.

"There's still a bit of argy-bargy going on at training, you sense a little bit more urgency with the boys now, and they're trying to get their spot, because they see it as their opportunity to have a platform to be able to play round one."

http://richmondfc.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=71665
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Anticipation building among Tigers - afl.com.au
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:18:59 PM »
20,000 for an intra-club practice match!  :o

That'd have to be some kind of record.

How many Carltank fans turned up to watch Judd in a practice game?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »
20,000 for an intra-club practice match!  :o

Well if you count the driver sin all the cars on Punt Road then yeah 20k is a fair target  :P
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 04:21:48 AM »
Anticipation building among Tigers - afl.com.au

methinks amongst the members and supporters as well  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench