Author Topic: Richmond would be attractive to Leigh Matthews to coach: KB  (Read 678 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond would be attractive to Leigh Matthews to coach: KB
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:16:09 AM »
KB on his SEN morning show said with Leigh Matthews not ruling out another coaching stint that either Richmond, Collingwood or the Bulldogs would be an attractice proposition for Matthews to coach next year if they are looking for a new coach.

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond would be attractive to Leigh Matthews to coach: KB
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »
Unlike recent times there would be a lot to like about coaching the tigers in the next few years.  Our club culture in sacking coaches would appear to be corrected plus the obviuos advantages of our young maturing list coming into their prime would be a big draw card.

Still I hope the tiges perform well in 2009 and TW gets to reap the benefits of what he has sewn over the last five years.

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »
I actually posted this rumour in the last 2 weeks on OER but no one noticed.

Con65

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 11:06:36 AM »
I am with you on that Chuck....you dont do all the hard yards to let someone else walk in and reap the benefits...

As mush as I dont like to admit it...in my opinion the Pies in 02 and 03 were pretty much the team that Tony Shaw assembled in the mid to late 90s...Mikey came in and had ready made players/list to work with...then with his better coaching skills he was able to get them to a ground final....but most of the core players debuted or were developed by T. Shaw

I think if the Tiges were ultimately to get a new coach at years end...assuming we dont make the 8...then it would be W. Campbell or even N. Buckley who got the gig and not Mathews or Sheedy...i think time has passed those 2 icons by as far as coaching goes....