Author Topic: Premiership Team?  (Read 1439 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Premiership Team?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 03:44:23 PM »
We might actually be able to trade Schulz this year after 2 attempts and there may even be a chance (albeit slim) of offloading Pettifier for a late pick given the predicted lack of quality in this years National Draft. Many clubs are rethinking their drafting/trading plans this year because of the obvious lack of depth the draft is expected to have and leaning towards attempting to swap players for later draft picks.

Last year draft picks were like gold but this year they may be valued far less giving us a better opportunity to trade out players such as Schulz, Pettifier, King, Raines and McGuane (if GC give us no choice). We just need to be careful whether trading away an average player will get us a better player in this years draft.

The compensation for losing uncontracted players to the GC is far better given the extended time period clubs will be given to make their selection. I believe clubs have up to 5 years to use any compensation pick they have gained from lossing a player so clubs can wait if they would rather gain a better player in a future draft.

The problem with us though is that we are attempting to rebuild now not top up in years to come so waiting may hurt us but then again waiting could give us an opportunity to fill 'holes' that are identified later.

So Schulz and Pettifier and the like may actually be traded this year afterall. For what worth I have no idea.

Stripes

FooffooValve

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »
Kidding ourselves if we think anyone is going to trade picks for Schulz and Pettifer.

Tuck, Foley, Raines, McGuane and Tambling are possibles.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 01:23:13 AM »
What worries me most is Bowden is FF in the newspaper for this weeks game. Morton CHF

:P

Tigermonk

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 07:35:06 AM »
What worries me most is Bowden is FF in the newspaper for this weeks game. Morton CHF

:P

its just like the teams you mock up
have you ever in your life seen a side line up like it is printed in the paper, it would be a first
Bowden will be down the backline cause RFC cant blood any good backmen to take his place  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »
Joel - 14 touches, 1 mark,0 goal, 0 inside 50

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 06:24:49 AM »
Joel - 14 touches, 1 mark,0 goal, 0 inside 50

your point is

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 10:46:40 AM »
Has had a poor couple of weeks. Has to be his last season.

A real negative for the team that we had to use Bowden on Treadrea (sp?) after Moore and McGuane couldn't stop him. They just didn't have the size where Bowden had neither the size nor the talent. That last goal he tried to stop Tredrea kicking was embarrassing.

Just not the player he was or in fact he is but the team and competition isn't.

We need Moore to bulk up quickly and Silvester to be elevated to fill the gap on the monster forwards until then.

Sorry Tigermonk - I know you love the guy

Stripes

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 03:46:09 PM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 03:48:17 PM »
Has had a poor couple of weeks. Has to be his last season.

A real negative for the team that we had to use Bowden on Treadrea (sp?) after Moore and McGuane couldn't stop him. They just didn't have the size where Bowden had neither the size nor the talent. That last goal he tried to stop Tredrea kicking was embarrassing.

Just not the player he was or in fact he is but the team and competition isn't.

We need Moore to bulk up quickly and Silvester to be elevated to fill the gap on the monster forwards until then.

Sorry Tigermonk - I know you love the guy

Stripes

Moore is 25. Doubt he will get any bigger.

Rance and Thursfeild back.. not Silvester