Author Topic: Will we get a caretaker coach after the mid year review ?  (Read 1730 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Will we get a caretaker coach after the mid year review ?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »

Let Wallace do the year playing all the young players that he possibly can, Gourdis, Putt, Vickery (should be in anyway), Post, Browne, and the recruits in Hislop and Thompson to give us a bit of mongrel.

you dont read l'm sure
Wallace is not good at coaching young players, proved at Bulldogs & now Richmond, his damaged our young players

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 10:24:56 PM »
At the moment we have an extraordinary set of circumstances which is getting out of control.....The media are showing little compassion and it appears they will not relent until they get their man Terry.

Its total madness .....Compare Spuds demise to whats happening now.

This can not be a healthy environment for our players ...particularly the younger ones.

We need a return to some form of NORMALCY and I dont think that is going to happen while TW is there.
It's not surprising though given the Club said publicly last year it was finals or bust in 2009 and they'd be reviewing Plough's position midyear. The media had been waiting to jump on us and the round 1 debacle gave them perfect opportunity and they've kept it up since. Another lesson to the Club to shut up in future :scream.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline gtig

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 05:09:57 PM »
I think I'd like to see Rawlings get the caretaker gig - mainly because I imagine he'll be happy to play plenty of the younger guys, and watching Coburg play is usually more entertaining and less distressing than watching richmond.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 07:14:22 PM »
We need a return to some form of NORMALCY and I dont think that is going to happen while TW is there.

I am not sure what actually constitutes normalcy at Richmond; Mat  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009, 09:37:02 PM »
It's interesting that people say we should only have a caretaker in the role if it means they wont be there in 2010.

With a caretaker there is always a chance that they will get gig permanantly - history shows that

Say we have a caretaker coach after the break (after rd 12) that leaves 10 games remaining for 2009.

What happens if the caretaker wins 7 or 8 games? What do you do then? Haven't they earnt a rgiht to be considered?

well of course they do, if we are to carry this hypothetical debate on...what if we were to suddenly begin averaging 17-18 goals a game ...sudden improvement or consistecy from the likes of tambling and Lids...it's hard to know what to expect...what we know right now is its bloody painful to wattch, bordering on excruciating...lets all move on TW included
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009, 10:15:54 PM »
I'd only put a caretaker in if they clearly weren't going to continue on next season. I don't like this idea of "auditioning" someone for the permanent job —

why not would you prefer them to balls up the job after we sign them for 3 years ::), it's an invaluable opportunity to trial someone the club may have designs on such as cambo no better test than in the couldron
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled