Author Topic: A message from the CEO (RFC site)  (Read 1028 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
A message from the CEO (RFC site)
« on: October 28, 2009, 10:34:35 AM »
A message from the CEO
richmondfc.com.au
By Richmond CEO Brendon Gale | Wed 28 October, 2009

Dear Members,

I have now been back at the club a little over six weeks and I thought it would be timely to provide you with an update of what has been happening during this period.

Firstly, I would like to start off by sincerely thanking each and every one of our 36,985 members for your valued support throughout 2009. We compete in the AFL to play Grand Finals and win premierships, and given our last premiership was won in 1980, it is a testament to the loyalty and passion of our members that we are still so strong in numbers and voice.

It has been a great privilege and honour to be appointed CEO of the Richmond Football Club and I have spent the last month gaining a good understanding of the club and how it operates as a whole organisation. I have met with staff in the football department and administration to seek their ideas on how we can work together to make this club great again. I have engaged the senior management team and we are working hard to plan for the future.

I have spoken with key stakeholders of our organisation and representatives of our sponsors, coterie groups, media outlets and the AFL.

Most importantly, I have set aside significant time to read through our member surveys and find out how best we can serve you moving forward. I found out that you want to be included more, that you want to feel like you receive an inner sanctum experience from the club you love and you want to be the first to know information and not seen as a mere afterthought.

I’ve listened to your feedback and I have taken it on board. We have many challenges in front of us but also exciting opportunities to grow and evolve our club. In the past we have had some wonderful contributors at Richmond but all facets of the organisation did not seem to work together as a team as well as they could have.

My commitment to you as your new CEO is that I will run an organisation that has a club first ethic and not one based around individual gain, and that we will plan for future success and we will stick to that plan.

In Damien Hardwick, we have a coach who has an outstanding pedigree, an uncompromising commitment to a team first approach and has a clearly defined blueprint for success to take us forward.

Many of you would have seen that our redevelopment of the facilities at Punt Road is starting to take shape. The social club was demolished several weeks ago and when building is complete next year we will have state-of-the-art facilities that will rival the best in the competition.

For Richmond to be successful we need to exist for our members and to serve our members. There will be some exciting and innovative changes taking place in the near future and I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Brendon Gale
Richmond Football Club CEO

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/86413/default.aspx

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: A message from the CEO (RFC site)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 08:00:50 PM »
My commitment to you as your new CEO is that I will run an organisation that has a club first ethic and not one based around individual gain, and that we will plan for future success and we will stick to that plan.
Let's hope these words are turned into practice  :pray.

Looks like Benny will be the face of the club as far as club spokesmen. He's definitely taking the lead role as CEO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 08:31:15 PM »

Looks like Benny will be the face of the club as far as club spokesmen. He's definitely taking the lead role as CEO.

CEO needs to lead from the front. Behind the scenes and in public. I like his messages. They are strong and purposeful. Now they need to be executed without compromise.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:36:02 PM »

Most CEO,s do.
We just had one who didnt

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 06:57:43 AM »
Firstly, I would like to start off by sincerely thanking each and every one of our 36,985 members for your valued support throughout 2009.

Oops I think you forgot the non ticketed members Benny... they are just as important  :whistle :whistle

Also appreciate your message but it is the actions going forward that are going to matter.

We've heard so much talk, I need what to see action & results

But having said that love ya work  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 08:44:17 AM »

Most CEO,s do.
We just had one who didnt
Really? Most?
Who are the 8+ club CEOs who are the face of their clubs?
Presidents yes, definitely not CEOs