Author Topic: List Management Delist or Trade?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
List Management Delist or Trade?
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:38:16 AM »
I struggle to work out why we delisted Nathan Brown and Cogs and not trade them for something.

Here is why:

- They can now get a 2nd chance at an AFL Club and we get nothing for it.
- I've heard we wanted to send them off and thank them for there services for the football club, and didn't want to insult them by trading for a low pick.

Thats fine but wouldn't honoring there services is to try and continue there employment somewhere else instead of making them unemployed, as Brown wants to play on and rumours are Coughlan does too after such a hard road back and could fit in at a small SCG ground playing for the Swans???

In doing so we may have picked up a pick 60 at best for either of them? Who knows Liam Anthony was pick 47 and is a star.

Just can't understand why we couldn't have tried to trade them and then delist them if we couldn't get a trade done.

No one has given me a good reason for not doing this?
Go Tigers!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: List Management Delist or Trade?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:52:23 AM »
With predictions of a lot of trading this year, maybe their value will be so low that it's not worth worrying about.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:54:44 AM »
Bit naive not to even try.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 02:59:47 PM »
Agreed

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
They have been told they wont be on the Richomnd list next year. So that doesn't mean a trade cannot be worked out to suit either player. We just wouldn't get much for them (which is probably what would have happened anyway)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 09:09:48 PM »
Maybe the club sent out tentative feelers and after a few clubs laughed in our faces we got the message

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »
Both Browny and Cogs are finished as AFL footballers. Both too slow. Cogs footskills are poor now and Browny has lost penetration in what was a lethal left foot. Just like Russell Robertson their AFL careers are over. Cogs could probably play on in a state league at 27.

I still wouldn't be surprised if the club put a name up for trade that may surprise some supporters or the media. Only Collins, Morton, Newy, Thursty, Lids, Foley, Richo and Cuz are safe given they have new deals.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 06:24:12 PM »
I still wouldn't be surprised if the club put a name up for trade that may surprise some supporters or the media. Only Collins, Morton, Newy, Thursty, Lids, Foley, Richo and Cuz are safe given they have new deals.

Depending on what sort of deal they have signed Thursfield up to, I would be looking at testing his currency on the market. He is just not capable of playing 22 games in a season. I think he will be very lucky to play 100 AFL games with his body. And IMO his kicking is ordinary. 
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 06:38:35 PM »

Depending on what sort of deal they have signed Thursfield up to, I would be looking at testing his currency on the market. He is just not capable of playing 22 games in a season. I think he will be very lucky to play 100 AFL games with his body. And IMO his kicking is ordinary. 
Areed!
We seriously need more second round draft picks (first picks just not a reality imho) and second round draft picks we can still get really good kids
Would we get second rounders for Thursfield, Jackson, Raines, Moore, Edwards or Tuck?