Author Topic: New strip?  (Read 726 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
New strip?
« on: August 28, 2009, 11:33:32 PM »
I think after tonights game the Tigers should get a new strip, all orange. After all if the players want to be witches hats they may as well  look like them too.

I realise tonights game was the last of the season but it was one of the most insipid efforts i have ever seen by a Richmond team. In fact a few fringe players basically put their hands up tonight to get shafted by Mr Hardwick, Dean Polo especially was atrocious and is just not a defenders backside and should never ever play in defence again. I think after tonight any chance of trading McMahon has gone out the window, any coaches watching just wouldnt take him even if we paid them to.

Our ruck stocks are really worrying me also, Angus Graham looks like someone has planted 10 kilos of lead in his boots, with him and Simmonds on the ground at the same time its like watching a race between the Titanic and the Queen Mary.

Sad to see Cogs and Browny go out like this but so did so many other tigers, when your loss win ratio is so poor its pretty unusual for a milestone game to be kind to anyone. Great efforts by both just to get back on the park, just a case of what could have been had fate not been so unkind to both of them. :clapping

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: New strip?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 12:21:30 AM »
Apart from 4-5 Tigers if that the rest might as well not have flown over. It's been that way for the last month. 400 point margin in total. They've played like a side (I won't call them a team) that just turned up and waited for the final siren 120 minutes later. They just didn't try and didn't care. As Jack said in the other thread those that you would've thought needed to show something to save their career showed nothing. You would presume from that they have already been told it's over. Most of them have been down at Coburg too in the past 12 weeks so it's no real surprise. That alone would've told them their fate.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd