Author Topic: what picks will 67 and 83 actually be.  (Read 1200 times)

the claw

what picks will 67 and 83 actually be.
« on: October 09, 2009, 01:36:40 AM »
after all the trading and looking at clubs like geelong who have 4 picks up to 42 which should get used they  then have picks 49 56 65 81 all inside our picks 67 and 83. if they pass  straight away picks 67 and 83 become 63 an 79.

in looking at where clubs have picks right now i think pick 83 could become a pick in the low 60s and 67 a pick in the 50s.
any thoughts .

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: what picks will 67 and 83 actually be.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 01:38:50 AM »
More Andy Collins and Will Thursfeilds i hope

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »
after all the trading and looking at clubs like geelong who have 4 picks up to 42 which should get used they  then have picks 49 56 65 81 all inside our picks 67 and 83. if they pass  straight away picks 67 and 83 become 63 an 79.

in looking at where clubs have picks right now i think pick 83 could become a pick in the low 60s and 67 a pick in the 50s.
any thoughts .
It's going to be interesting to see how many picks each club ends up using. If most clubs think the draft lacks depth then they may make the minimal amount of delistings and promote their own rookies instead. A number of clubs now have large gaps between early and later picks so those later picks may be passed on pushing our picks 67 and 72 (I don't think we'll use 83) as much as 10 or so spots higher (hopefully). It all depends if clubs use the National draft as an early jump on the rookie draft given GC17 has the first 5 rookie picks. Also we could still end up taking Josh Free with our last pick (72?) for all we know as well.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:44:00 PM »
I read somewhere today that with the AFL "relaxing the rules" clubs can now use a draft pick to promote a rookie.

Not sure how that works because I thought that's what they did anyway  :P)

So I wonder if that means we will promote extra rookies in lieu if using a pick
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 10:31:32 PM »
I read somewhere today that with the AFL "relaxing the rules" clubs can now use a draft pick to promote a rookie.

Not sure how that works because I thought that's what they did anyway  :P)

So I wonder if that means we will promote extra rookies in lieu if using a pick
That's right WP. The old rule was each club had to use a minimum of 3 draft picks. They've relaxed it so clubs can use one of those three picks to upgrade a rookie.

I also think now that that Joel has retired and Richo is our only veteran we get the opportunity to promote a rookie prior to round 1 without needing anyone to be on the LTIL.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 07:24:02 AM »
That's right WP. The old rule was each club had to use a minimum of 3 draft picks. They've relaxed it so clubs can use one of those three picks to upgrade a rookie.

I also think now that that Joel has retired and Richo is our only veteran we get the opportunity to promote a rookie prior to round 1 without needing anyone to be on the LTIL.

:thumbsup :thumbsup

Poor old AFL is really worried about free agency isn't it  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)