Author Topic: Rumour File Cuz  (Read 1897 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ben Cousins laughs off retirement rumours on Nova 100 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 02:04:55 PM »
Richmond's Ben Cousins laughs off retirement rumours on Nova 100

* Staff writers
    * April 27, 2010

Audio: http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/Ben%20Cousins_NOVA.mp3

BEN Cousins says he is "going along nicely", despite rumours that he is on the verge of retirement from AFL.

Speaking to Hughesy and Kate on his regular Nova 100 slot about the rumour which was suggested on 3AW radio this morning, Cousins playfully said he had something to announce after a commercial break.

When he was back on air, he asked "Is this people willing me to retire?", before sarcastically suggesting that he would not do so before giving Fairfax AFL journalist Caroline Wilson the exclusive.

Click to hear what Ben Cousins had to say on Nova 100

When he was asked if the rumours annoyed him, Cousins replied: “It is a bit over the top, you can’t let it get you down, I am still pretty buoyant, I have bigger problems."

“I am going along nicely, I am enjoying my footy.

"I probably hit the season a little underdone. I am probably only going to get better as the year goes on.

"We are a young, developing side that I think there is some real progress to be made. I am enjoying the ride.”

Despite Richmond's dreadful start to the AFL season, Cousins said that coach Damien Hardwick was "great" and had "been fantastic" during their torrid opening rounds.

“He is great, he’s been fantastic, he is buoyant," Cousins said.

"For a side that is zero and five, I don’t think that is a true reflection of the buoyancy or the atmosphere within the change room.

"When we started the season we knew where we were at. We were started at the bottom, the only way was forward and that was going to take some time ... There is going to be the odd shellacking.

"There’s some good sides out there. It doesn’t take a hell of a lot to lose by 10 goals.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-ben-cousins-laughs-off-retirement-rumours-on-nova-100/story-e6frf9jf-1225858664418