Author Topic: Leg strength  (Read 876 times)

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Leg strength
« on: April 26, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
Can someone tell me why RFC players seem to have very weak leg strength? Last night after the first quarter any RFC player deadset had huge problems kicking the ball more than 30 metres. This is especially the case for the senior players, Cuz and Simmo looked to be kicking with rubber legs. Other sides depend on their senior players kicking goals from around the 50 metre arc. This basically has the effect of meaning that for a low skilled team we have to advance the ball into the forward line a further 20 metres than most other teams to ensure a chance of scoring.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Leg strength
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »
Drop Simmonds, get more games into Cuz. Problem solved  8)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:47:36 AM »
Can someone tell me why RFC players seem to have very weak leg strength? Last night after the first quarter any RFC player deadset had huge problems kicking the ball more than 30 metres. This is especially the case for the senior players, Cuz and Simmo looked to be kicking with rubber legs. Other sides depend on their senior players kicking goals from around the 50 metre arc. This basically has the effect of meaning that for a low skilled team we have to advance the ball into the forward line a further 20 metres than most other teams to ensure a chance of scoring.
When your buggered, you tend to kick like crap...same when your boxing you start dropping your hands and losing power in your punches, its just fatigue.  I know the kicks your talking bout.  Cousins has never been a huge kick anyway.  Simmo can sink the slipper but he is getting tired out there.
Lots of people name their swords......

Gigantor

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 09:51:47 AM »
youth is why we seem to have poor leg strength..these kids need time to develop this

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »
Simmo and Cuz are hardly youth lol

Gigantor

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 10:03:39 AM »
yes owl i understand that...iguess i wasnt really refering to them but to the core of our team..its youth

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:07:07 AM »
youth is why we seem to have poor leg strength..these kids need time to develop this

DEAD RIGHT!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 09:53:46 PM »
yes owl i understand that...iguess i wasnt really refering to them but to the core of our team..its youth
Fair enough it was just they were mentioned in the original question, and I honestly believe fatigue is what is causing our fade outs.  It is a physically demanding game plan and will take time for them to be able to sustain it.