Author Topic: Decision makers  (Read 1024 times)

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Decision makers
« on: May 16, 2010, 04:56:18 PM »
Who are our best and worst

In my opinion (in no particular order)

Best
Deledio
Cotchin
Martin
McGuane
Cousins
Nason  :o
Jackson (more of an execution problem than a decision making problem for me)
Morton

Worst
Tambling
White
Rance
Farmer
Riewoldt (too selfish at times)
Edwards
Dea
Hislop
Polo
Thomson

For me, Newman is neither here nor there. Does some very calm things and then a shocking mistake.

Ramps

Re: Decision makers
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
mcguane and jackson are on the wrong list

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 05:48:23 PM »
McGuane & Jackson definitely on the wrong list
Not sure Morton deserves to be on the Best list either, he's a very selfish footballer

Don't think Tambling, Riewoldt & Edwards deserve to be on the worst list either
You only need to look at the deft tap Riewoldt had to setup Astbury's first goal to show he knows how to play team football and has a great footy brain

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 05:59:36 PM »
McGuane & Jackson definitely on the wrong list
Not sure Morton deserves to be on the Best list either, he's a very selfish footballer

Don't think Tambling, Riewoldt & Edwards deserve to be on the worst list either
You only need to look at the deft tap Riewoldt had to setup Astbury's first goal to show he knows how to play team football and has a great footy brain

Riewoldt was very good today and showed how dangerous he will be when he gets some good 'big bodied' support.

McGuane does a lot of good things and then blots his copybook by having a couple of brain-fades every game - serious ones that cost goals.  The sooner this coaching group can remove the 'Frawley-Wallaceitis' of kicking sideways and backwards in defence, the sooner we start to win games.  We gifted them at least 3 goals that I can recall today by kicking backwards from out in the pocket/flank and McGuane was our worst offender.  Just poor, dumb decision making.

Tambling needs to get back to his shrink quick smart and in a hurry.  His confidence is shot and he is not a patch on the player he showed he could be last year.

Jackson got back to some of his best form of last year - when there was very little talk of his deficiencies and lots of talk of his hardness and competitiveness.  We need that on a weekly basis from him.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 07:08:11 PM »
When the ball is on the ground in the middle of the goalsquare Polly you just soccer it through and not try and pick it up  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 10:45:53 PM »
What can you say about decision makers when you look at that Benny Hill incident in the third on the Members Wing when the Hawks player fumbled a mark played on and got his his ball smothered only for it to fall to Edwards who got tackled and then as he got back in the clear slipped got tacked again and eventually after players from both sides failed to capitalise on each others errors when eventually a Hawks player kicked it forward to Clinton Young metres in the clear only for him to spill an easy mark across the boundary line.

One important quality of a good coach is this.  To get a player renowned for making poor decisions to making better decisions more often than not. Despite Edwards folly in the aforementioned paragraph I feel that Hardwick has turned him around slightly as a player for the better. :thumbsup

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 08:07:38 AM »
When the ball is on the ground in the middle of the goalsquare Polly you just soccer it through and not try and pick it up  :P.

I tried not to mention Polak - he's just never going to be AFL standard again but its remarkable for him to be playing.

Jackson maybe I'm too kind to - I just think at times he shows a lot of maturity. Point in case when we had a 3-on-2 yesterday and was running at goal and could have blazed away like half our list but chipped it to Rance or Grahams (can't remember) run who goaled from the goalsquare.

McGuane for me is the best decision maker we have down back. Out muscled a lot (and yesterday again) but I'd rather he have the ball and rather he have the opp. gun forward than Thursfield or Moore at the moment.

Tigermonk

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 01:26:55 PM »
McGuane is not a wise thinker, has had some bad coaching & needs to be refreshed.
cost us some silly goals but can be coached to correct himself

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 03:43:03 PM »
McGuane & Jackson are both horrible with football in hand and should be trade bait this year to the Gold Coast and we should take whatever we can get.
Will never play finals with these types of players on the list.
Hope Graham and Rance finish the season well and trade them out too !!
List needs a total cleanout with 12 players that should be let go:
King, Thomson, Rance, Jackson, Graham, Hislop, Cousins, White, Polak, McMahon, MCGuane, Tuck

Rance, Jackson, McGuane can stay unless traded