Author Topic: Young stars free game: Sheedy (Herald-Sun)  (Read 9211 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Young stars free game: Sheedy (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2010, 11:04:38 PM »

You bag KB.
Hate to tell you this ,that KB presented Griffiths with his  first jumper before the game today.
KB a bitter old man you say , Nah, just a good bloke KB who gave his all for 403 games

Saw that Jack.  Was pretty impressed too - would have meant a fair bit to Griffiths and showed that Bartlett was not the anti-Geez that some would have us believe.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2010, 08:54:18 AM »

You bag KB.
Hate to tell you this ,that KB presented Griffiths with his  first jumper before the game today.
KB a bitter old man you say , Nah, just a good bloke KB who gave his all for 403 games

This is a good thing. Bartlett held a grudge against the club, or at least people within the club for a long time so the label of bitter is not unfair. Hopefully, though, this shows that is starting to heal. As you say Jack he did give his all for 403 games, rejecting offers to move for more money.

Would much rather people like KB embracing the club and themselves being embraced by the supporters than having lingering animosity.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

jackstar is back again

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »
And I dont blame KB over the years, terrible the way he was treated by  Tiges in the early 90,s.
KB loves the Tiges ;)

Ramps

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »
KB and Sheedy are different ... KB was treated badly, Sheedy was never treated badly...KB is a legend and Sheedy isnt. Thats it in a nutshell.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2010, 11:14:56 AM »
KB is a tigers man through and through, always has been, always will be, that is why he was so hurt that he was scapegoated for our woes back when he was sacked when we had a crap list and a crap administration and no coaching staff.  Sheedy just looks out for Sheedy.  Great to see KB giving big Griff his jumper and it was great to see Griff take a nice mark early on in the game before he copped a corky. :thumbsup
Lots of people name their swords......

FNM

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »
KB is a great bloke, and nice he presented the jumper
Until the next time he has an unfair crack at us which you can set your watch by he will.
Criticism is fine.  If you can't cop that then you should give up the game
But bagging your former club unmercifully at every opportunity is unfair
For what reason?
Because of lingering resentment
Sure he was treated unfairly - haven't any of you?
Sure, his mate Sheeds didn't get the coaching job - have you gone for a position at a company you've served long and hard for and not got it, but you still continue to work there and do a good job. Especially, when you're at the end of your career, it's not "unreasonable" that you don't get the position.
Both these individuals have reaped great rewards for their efforts in footy - good on them, they've earned them
But trashing and trying to steal players that are going to be the players that will get us off the bottom again is not on, and DESERVES the criticism they get.
Just because Jack's mates with Sheeds doesn't mean he can't be criticised  ::)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2010, 09:02:38 PM »
KB and Sheedy are different ... KB was treated badly, Sheedy was never treated badly...KB is a legend and Sheedy isnt. Thats it in a nutshell.

BINGO

Hence, why I haven't and wont drag KB into this latest lot of Sheeds and his bitter rants...

Great thing KB did yesterday, said some mighty fine words at the presentation I was told  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2010, 09:19:22 PM »

BINGO

Hence, why I haven't and wont drag KB into this latest lot of Sheeds and his bitter rants...

Great thing KB did yesterday, said some mighty fine words at the presentation I was told  :thumbsup

Yes it was great to see him in the rooms handing Griffiths his jumper, thats what our former greats should be doing.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2010, 10:29:06 PM »
Sheeds and Bartlett are one and the same. Bitter old men who did not get their own way and rather than accept it they have thrown vitriol towards the RFC since their paid time at the club ended.

I emphasise the word paid time.

People like Neville Crowe are RFC. Was Pres lost the Presidency but still helped the club out. What has Bartlett or Sheedy done for us. Fk off both of them.

You bag KB.

I'm so happy to hear this.

Good on you KB.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2010, 11:18:50 PM »
Club is bigger than the individual.
Couldn't honestly give a flying eff what Sheedy says or does these days.
Enough looking back. Time for this club to look forward.
:clapping :clapping :clapping
Gale said we are looking forwards not backwards. No blaming just thanks,   No excuses just transformation.

Lets make new history. Lets have success.  :thumbsup

P.S I personally still blame Wallace and Miller and Casey for our current predicament but I'll get over it.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2010, 07:02:02 AM »

Gale said we are looking forwards not backwards. No blaming just thanks,   No excuses just transformation.

Lets make new history. Lets have success.  :thumbsup

P.S I personally still blame Wallace and Miller and Casey for our current predicament but I'll get over it.

Agree with you Mr T (and I need to chuck Frawley's name to that group for it to be complete).  Let Benny and the club go forward without blame - I'll pick up those loose ends for them and blame away!   ;D

And like you - I'll get over it and I can even predict when - the moment the siren sounds to hand us our next flag.

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »
On this young stars thing, I suppose that GC17 would be looking for a big-bodied ruckman for their team.  Doesn't Gus come out of contract this year?  Are the any rumours that we might be starting talks with him/his manager?  Would we care if we lost him to GC?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2010, 05:58:44 PM »
On this young stars thing, I suppose that GC17 would be looking for a big-bodied ruckman for their team.  Doesn't Gus come out of contract this year?  Are the any rumours that we might be starting talks with him/his manager?  Would we care if we lost him to GC?

Being that Gus appears to have turned the corner over the last 3 weeks I would be in no hurry to trade him off just yet, depending on how the rest of his year pans out of course.

Lets not make the mistake of trading him when he is coming good!! With Simmo leaving and Browne still coming through and with Vickery still growing we may have to keep Gus. lets just hope he maintains his current form!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Ramps

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2010, 03:10:13 PM »
listen and watch this

http://www.afl.com.au/Video/tabid/76/videoid/54737/in+the+rooms+-+kevin+bartlett/Default.aspx#VideoPlayerB

Anyone putting Sheedy on the same level as KB need there head read. Its not on. KB is a legend.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »
listen and watch this

http://www.afl.com.au/Video/tabid/76/videoid/54737/in+the+rooms+-+kevin+bartlett/Default.aspx#VideoPlayerB

Anyone putting Sheedy on the same level as KB need there head read. Its not on. KB is a legend.

Yeah I don't like hearing KB put down. Sure he's been stubborn over the journey but that's all in the past now. Great footage.
Go Tigers!