Author Topic: Please RFC Get Us....  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Please RFC Get Us....
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »
You can't say the club hasn't tried. We've spent the last 4-5 years grooming Thursfield, McGuane and Kel Moore as the long term answer for the key back spots.

They're coming into their prime now but Dimma's decided that the future lies elsewhere - which means we've gotta start again.

???

Thursty and Moore both injured and McGuane suspended.

So all that stuff about trading Thursfield last year...?

And the supposed queries over McGuane's disposal...?

I probably shouldn't have made a blanket statment like that, but I'm not the only one who thinks there are queries about how Thursfield and McGuane fit into Dimma's system

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2011, 11:46:20 PM »
I still think we should be looking at at least 1-2 ready made backmen from another club. Start putting the feelers out now. We identified Grigg, Sherman and Houli and we got 2 of them. IMO, we need to do the same with some backmen from other clubs.

I remember a few years ago when our ruck stocks were depleted and Patto was the only ruckman with Tuck. We are still suffering with our ruck stocks and I can see the same happening with our backline.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 12:52:46 AM »
You can't say the club hasn't tried. We've spent the last 4-5 years grooming Thursfield, McGuane and Kel Moore as the long term answer for the key back spots.

They're coming into their prime now but Dimma's decided that the future lies elsewhere - which means we've gotta start again.

???

Thursty and Moore both injured and McGuane suspended.

So all that stuff about trading Thursfield last year...?

And the supposed queries over McGuane's disposal...?

I probably shouldn't have made a blanket statment like that, but I'm not the only one who thinks there are queries about how Thursfield and McGuane fit into Dimma's system

They dont but no-one wanted them cause they are not upto AFL standard, Talk of Thursfield last year was about his body, Talk of Mcguane was about his autism  ;D both useless  going to the local junk heap

Tigermonk

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 12:55:50 AM »
I still think we should be looking at at least 1-2 ready made backmen from another club. Start putting the feelers out now. We identified Grigg, Sherman and Houli and we got 2 of them. IMO, we need to do the same with some backmen from other clubs.

I remember a few years ago when our ruck stocks were depleted and Patto was the only ruckman with Tuck. We are still suffering with our ruck stocks and I can see the same happening with our backline.

Our Ruck stock have just been smacked too many times, demoralized & raped  ;D but dont cringe cause they will come good in 12 months.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 03:02:48 AM »

Our Ruck stock have just been smacked too many times, demoralized & raped  ;D but dont cringe cause they will come good in 12 months.

Yes TM..they (rucks) are developing... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 10:16:39 AM »
they're developing .... sores

Edit: let's keep posts above the belt
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:05:38 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 12:09:23 PM »
 :lol

Im confident that Vickery will be a player.
Not convinced about the other blokes.
poo, Mumford would have been handy.  ::)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 06:09:27 PM »
a Ruck!!!!

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 06:53:52 PM »
A game plan! Or at least one our blokes can grasp. It might seem a bit harsh, BUT: You could virtually write a book just about our difficulties in clearing from a kick-in alone. Particularly when those teams who like to press put up their zone.

But even worse than that is our delivery to our forwards. For as long as I can remember I've watched enviously as other teams have streamed through the middle and delivered lace out chest high passes to their straight-leading forwards, and wondered why the hell we can't do that.
That bomb it into the forward 50 on top of our forwards heads style of game that we sadly reverted to again last Saturday night has plagued us as a club for too long. Richo suffered his entire career from it. Now it looks like Jack's turn, and as we all saw, he wasn't happy about it.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 07:19:07 PM »
You could virtually write a book just about our difficulties in clearing from a kick-in alone. 

There is a book called ' Successful Richmond gameplans for the past 30 years'. Check it out ! Gotta warn you tho....it gets you sucked in early then turns to crap.
 The first page is rivetting reading about our tactics to dismantle all opposition. That covers 1982.
 The next few pages are written in crayon and the final 25 pages are blank

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »
You could virtually write a book just about our difficulties in clearing from a kick-in alone. 

There is a book called ' Successful Richmond gameplans for the past 30 years'. Check it out ! Gotta warn you tho....it gets you sucked in early then turns to crap.
 The first page is rivetting reading about our tactics to dismantle all opposition. That covers 1982.
 The next few pages are written in crayon and the final 25 pages are blank

LOL! Wallace's "keepings off" doesn't get a mention? :P

To the OP, I think the main thing we need is time. But with our ruck stocks the way they are, another 1 or 2 who aren't scared of marking the footy and can actually put themselves into a contest might be helpful.
Push up!