Author Topic: The Tiger revival (Wallace on the afl website)  (Read 2476 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: The Tiger revival (Wallace on the afl website)
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 01:28:54 PM »
Giving away first round draft picks is giving away your future and the Tigers had done it time and time again. Players such as Craig Bidiscombe, Greg Stafford, Kane Johnson and Nathan Brown were traded for by Richmond, but without any real plan for the future.

Wallace flirted with trading the picks though. Downgrading pick 8 to 13 to get Polak and if Judd had of picked us, we would have kissed goodbye 2, 18 and probably a player.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 01:34:25 PM »
What a f-wit. >:( >:( >:(

Thank heavens we are rebuilding from the dark days of Wallet.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
It will be real interesting to see how many players are left from Terry Wallaces last Richmond list when Hardwick gets rid of another 7 or 8 players at seasons end. I get the feeling that Plough wont have much to hang his hat on after this November maybe 7 or 8 players on the list at best.

gerkin greg

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
needs another gig to prove the doubters wrong
melbourne or back to the bulldags?  :pray

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »
The return of Wallet  :bow

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »
he calls himself the list-manager as well on twitter i think......what a joke

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
Anyone remember the monorail episode of the Simpsons? Wallace is Lyle Lanley only difference is that even Lyle was smart enough to skip town with piles of dough when it all went to crap.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 08:09:46 PM »
I'm really uncomfortable reading or hearing Wallace taking any sort of satisfaction over "his" work. Coudl there be anything more insulting to Damien Hardwick.

How many times did Wallace use excuses and blame Frawley and the past regime for putting the club into it's (then) current position.

How many times have we heard Hardwick mention Wallace's name or past decisions, even after the 0-9 start? Never.

We all know how poor the development of young players have been during Wallace's reign, details revealed that he would hardly speak to the likes of Post, Hughes etc.

Wallace made excuses and blamed previous regime, washed his hands of his mistakes, and now wanting credit when the next regime has taken over and turned the place around.

Makes you effing sick.

Is there anything that Wallace can actually claim of doing?

Hardwick and Brendon Gale have done it all.

Great post Pope, agree 100%.   :clapping

FNM

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 03:16:27 PM »
What Wallace said was accurate
You're all so twisted you just can't give him any cred at all for changing the direction we're in.
I agree, he made a wrong move with Jordy, although at the time, I thought, well, the talent in that draft was only 20-players deep and I forget where he was drafted but somewhere around 18.
In hindsight, he should have drafted him with our last pick
So a mistake there.
I understand why he went for him though.  In the right age group at the time, some experience and he probably didn't think much of the rest of the draft players that were ahead of him.
He was dead wrong, but to hang him for that, when so many other things went wrong during his tenure (not all his fault) is just for people who are obsessed (sick).
Wallace failed miserably in lots of areas, but I don't think he failed in the direction he was trying to take us because it all seems to be coming to fruition now.
And as wonderful as Hardwick has been, he must deep down be grateful for some of the players he's enjoying now, with a club that won't trade its first round draft picks.
In not a nano second did I think Wallace was trying to destroy this club
He just wasn't a great coach game day with the players he had and the game plan was atrocious.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
Last sentence good call. When you take $3m from a club and then say that there isn't enough money for recruiting you kinda set yourself up :wallywink
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

FNM

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
Last sentence good call. When you take $3m from a club and then say that there isn't enough money for recruiting you kinda set yourself up :wallywink
WTF are you talking about?