Author Topic: Chat with Craig Cameron - July 7 11am  (Read 1947 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Chat with Craig Cameron - July 7 11am
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 08:23:26 PM »
However we still aim to win as many games as we can for the rest of the year.
I know he has to say this but really we'd be better off finishing as low as possible on the ladder to get the highest pick we can.

Yep. Needs to start this weekend in tanking if we go that way. I doubt we will though cause we need a good effort after last weekends performance.

Whatever happens we will win at least one of the next two.
Club may aim to prepare for Cairns next week as opposed to merely competing this week to appease the fans and keep the media away.
Cameron for me is very unimpressive. I know we have been short of $$$ and the FTF has been launched to address this but despite last weeks effort the club needs to look at the clubs in the upper echelons and try and poach from there. You need to spend money to make money. Take a chance Tigers. Cameron does not have the acumen IMHO.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 08:28:18 PM »
That Q&A was pathetic and he could've written an article on our website as a "Q&A" with Tony Greenberg or whoever our media liason.

Don't do these things with fans if you are going to heavy edit the q's. It's insulting to the supporters.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »
I ignore this. Actions speak louder than words.
This wouldn't even be classified as PR. The rank and file RFC fan can see through this.
How about setting this up at 7pm when most are at home with no work committments as a one off?
What kind of riff raff do they take us for?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 07:09:14 AM »
Only bit of interest for me was CC's suggestion that Contin is likely to get an AFL game before seasons end  :clapping

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 12:44:39 PM »
I ignore this. Actions speak louder than words.
This wouldn't even be classified as PR. The rank and file RFC fan can see through this.
How about setting this up at 7pm when most are at home with no work committments as a one off?
What kind of riff raff do they take us for?
The bold bit was discussed with Benny Gale and our media manager during the in-house fan forum at Punt Rd earlier in the year. Holding these chats at 7pm would require the Club staff involved to have to stay behind and work late so it's not practical. Having said that 11am isn't the peak time in internet traffic during working hours. Normally these chats have been held during "lunch".