Author Topic: IPad HD  (Read 990 times)

Dubstep Dookie

IPad HD
« on: March 07, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »
Announced tomorrow. Will you be buying one?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: IPad HD
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 09:27:01 PM »
Announced tomorrow. Will you be buying one?

Yep (well not me but work will buy me one)

:thumbsup
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »
Nah, Just bought an android tablet
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 06:31:04 PM »
Apple are using the forumla that some footy clubs especially here in NSW use which is change your jumper every year so fans have to buy a new one to stay up to date.
Their technology improvements are drip fed to ensure they can generate sustainable annual profits with regular model releases. Its just plain wrong!!They'll keep people hanging for something as simple as a friggin USB port.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 06:54:45 PM »
Seem's anyone who buys it won't get to use the 4G on it for a couple of years at least.

AUSTRALIANS who buy the New iPad will not be able to access 4G on the device until 2015.
Being able to operate on the super fast mobile network was a major selling point for the New iPad, but Australians must wait another three years before they'll be able to use it.

Optus was the country’s first telco to successfully test 4G on the 700Mhz spectrum - which is one of two bandwidths the New iPad is compatible with.

The Federal Government is not due to auction off the spectrum until the end of the year.

But an Optus spokesperson told news.com.au that no telco will have access to the 700MHz spectrum until 2015.

This means Australians can kiss any hope of having 4G on their New iPad goodbye for at least the next few years.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/tablets/there-will-be-no-4g-on-the-aussie-ipad-3-until-2015/story-fn6vigfp-1226293618356

gerkin greg

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »
Their technology improvements are drip fed to ensure they can generate sustainable annual profits with regular model releases. Its just plain wrong!

The entire electronics industry has been like that since Adam was a boy

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 01:11:05 AM »
Still on the Apple wagon for iphones, but just got a Sony S tab. 32GB + 9.4". Cheaper than the ipad and half the price of the Samsung Galaxy counterpart (well, dual core 1.4ghz vs 1.0ghz close enough....but has USB). So far pretty snazzy. Couldn't justify an ipad when I've already got an iphone 4S, and couldn't justify the galaxy when I've already got a powerful gaming rig (gtx680, 2500k sandy, 8gb 1600mhz ddr3). Was hoping to use this pad to control my 60" telly and bluray + surround. It's possible but all my gear is LG so it will take some tweaking and perseverance. Would be simple if everything was Sony lol. I think this is the last of my gadgets for a while though. Me and the missus spotted a couch today for $7.5k we just fell in love with. ...still gotta squeeze in that gtx690 + ivy computer upgrade by years end though  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 08:13:44 AM »
I was given an iPad a couple of weeks back as a gift (not something I'd ever buy for myself BTW) and I have to admit I really don't understand what all the hype & fuss is about  :-\ :P :-[

Think it's  incredibly overrated
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:23:29 AM »
There are some practical uses for tablets in general. We have a couple at work. I'm in the electric motor industry and sometimes when there are tens of thousands of dollars involved, we find it easy to take photos of the motors in the workshop on the tab and email them with attached documents then and there to the mines/quarries/manufacturers. Also handy on site to. As for iPads specifically, I'm not sold since i can do the same junk from my iPhone. The Android and Win OS tabs seem to be a lot more friendly when connecting to our Win OS computers and laptops too.

It will be interesting to see what Apple do next. They have good competition now and their niche is gone, but they've always managed some sort of innovation in recent times.