Author Topic: OER Challenge - Name a worse loss than this.  (Read 3466 times)

tony_montana

Re: OER Challenge - Name a worse loss than this.
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »
what a load of wank Danyell.  We have not capitulated to a team all year, we have fought out every match.  The difference is we have lost 7 or 8 blokes to injuries and suspensions and the ring ins have to gel with the seniors that are left.  You and the other chronic whingers would be euthenased in the trenches with your woe is me bs.

Just curious owl, what would it take to finally send you over the edge?   This is no criticism (each to their own)  but it never ceases to amaze how some supporters can continue to find a silver lining dissapointment after dissapointment

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2012, 09:13:23 AM »
Last years FTF match -v- Carlton where lost by 100+ points worst loss I've ever seen and I've seen plenty
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 09:14:09 AM »
what a load of wank Danyell.  We have not capitulated to a team all year, we have fought out every match.  The difference is we have lost 7 or 8 blokes to injuries and suspensions and the ring ins have to gel with the seniors that are left.  You and the other chronic whingers would be euthenased in the trenches with your woe is me bs.
no no no. It's no woe is me. It's woe is the club.  We are just effected because of our love for it. 

A winning culture is infectious. It effects everyone throughout the club. It changes everyone mindset to not except close enough is good enough. It makes the fringe dwellers and second stringers lift to a better level playing above themselves. All for one reason...... Winning.   

We don't have this winning culture. Mediocrity still reigns at tigerland. 
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »

Just curious owl, what would it take to finally send you over the edge?   This is no criticism (each to their own)  but it never ceases to amaze how some supporters can continue to find a silver lining dissapointment after dissapointment
I am upset but you have to look at the facts, we have half a team in that havn't played together all year, it was always going to be rough as guts.  It poos me no end this loss,  but blaming Dimma for injuries and suspensions is reactionary bs when it was down to some inexperience and it wasn't his call to sell the game.  We had a lot of blokes who have been in the rezzies all year.  I am not fussed about making up numbers in finals this year, I reckon we get some games into the young draftees that have promise and reset for next year.  Next year with a decent pick as a bonus, I think we will be a genuine shot for top 4.  After the amount of time I have waited, 1 more season won't hurt especially with the direction we are going, I feel confident.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 10:02:52 AM »
The Crows loss!!!

The writing was on the wall losing to Freo and then just beating the Giants and the Dees, neither were convincing wins.

Shame really, it's not like we don't have the tallent, dare I say it we just don't have the mental strength, hopefully that will come next near. If it doesn't I am not sure when it will!! :-\

Yes WA after the Freo loss you could Hear a select few on here blame the weather, blame God, blame our tired bodies but anyone can see the writing on the wall. Players weren't playing to instructions and usual suspects were showing their true colours.

After the close win against GWS, see above

We lost because we don't have the mental capacity to win the games we should and win well

LMAO at u lot blaming it  on the depth. We also lost last year too and GWS nearly beat our full strength.

Unless we change the culture of this football we will continue to be a joke

You can change the coach players all you like but the players are weak in the head and a losing culture is now in built

We have lost 5 games now under 2 goals because of what's between the ears not our depth

after the hawks win I was asked why aren't you stoked you will play finals. I said with this list and the and the culture of this club I only get excited if we make finals

:thumbsup :shh
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »
The Crows loss!!!

The writing was on the wall losing to Freo and then just beating the Giants and the Dees, neither were convincing wins.

Shame really, it's not like we don't have the tallent, dare I say it we just don't have the mental strength, hopefully that will come next near. If it doesn't I am not sure when it will!! :-\

Yes WA after the Freo loss you could Hear a select few on here blame the weather, blame God, blame our tired bodies but anyone can see the writing on the wall. Players weren't playing to instructions and usual suspects were showing their true colours.

We lost because we don't have the mental capacity to win the games we should and win well

LMAO at u lot blaming it  on the depth. We also lost last year too and GWS nearly beat our full strength.

You can change the coach players all you like but the players are weak in the head and a losing culture is now in built

We have lost 5 games now under 2 goals because of what's between the ears not our depth

after the hawks win I was asked why aren't you stoked you will play finals. I said with this list and the and the culture of this club I only get excited if we make finals

Daniel, as you seem to be the wisest man on this forum (aside fom Jackstar) tell us all In your opinion how does one go about changing its culture? Can it be done before this weekend? Maybe we can fix it up over the off season? With all your wisdome please enlighten us on how the club should go about fixing this problem.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »

I am upset but you have to look at the facts, we have half a team in that havn't played together all year, it was always going to be rough as guts.  It poos me no end this loss,  but blaming Dimma for injuries and suspensions is reactionary bs when it was down to some inexperience and it wasn't his call to sell the game.  We had a lot of blokes who have been in the rezzies all year.  I am not fussed about making up numbers in finals this year, I reckon we get some games into the young draftees that have promise and reset for next year.  Next year with a decent pick as a bonus, I think we will be a genuine shot for top 4.  After the amount of time I have waited, 1 more season won't hurt especially with the direction we are going, I feel confident.

Owl, the big question is whether your skeleton has finally turned to dust!!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 09:53:41 PM »
Last years FTF match -v- Carlton where lost by 100+ points worst loss I've ever seen and I've seen plenty

I agree WP, that is the only loss IMO that I can compare to last night.

Last year we were beaten by a side that were simply twice as good as us and we didn't rock up. The game whilst meant alot to the supporters in terms of our season, the 4 points didn't mean finals.

This year it was different. We had internal and external suspensions, a home ground advantage given away, rumours of rested players and the opposition were tipped to not win a game all year and our season was not only on the line we had an opportunity to get a leg up on our surrounding clubs for 8th spot.

We didn't turn up, then we had it in our grasp and we fell asleep before the job was done.

I'm still furious. I got over the Carlton loss eventually as the result meant very little in terms of the season and Carlton were just a better side. This game was the opposite in every way.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2012, 09:53:55 PM »
The Crows loss!!!

Daniel, as you seem to be the wisest man on this forum (aside fom Jackstar) tell us all In your opinion how does one go about changing its culture? Can it be done before this weekend? Maybe we can fix it up over the off season? With all your wisdome please enlighten us on how the club should go about fixing this problem.

Unlike your goodself il answer your post without any abuse

For starters it doesnt involve money

Aints, Nought etc etc how many times have they bottomed out and how much money have they got

I would like to firstly see Daniel jackson removed from the leadership group ASAP.

That in itself sets a bad example to the entire club and playing group. People want to hang out Dusty to dry but look no further than Jackson. His brain fades and then be allowed to still sit on the L Group is a disgrace.

How can you expect a bunch of kids to respect your football club when all they have to look up to is Daniel Jackson

I would also like to see players earn games and not them gifted to them as i have witnessed this year

I would like to see a complete review of the wallett era particulary Jackson, Cameron, March.

I would like to see a full review involving why there have been many players that have left for one reason or another.

Every club in the AFL seems to hold their special cubs and develop them better than we do. Why is that??

I would like to also know why Dimma a first year coach finds it in his best interests to be the players best mate

I would like to see Newman hand over the captaincy ASAP to Cotchin

he too was part of the failed Wallace era and although was serviceable yesterday, is on the decline and until he is removed from our starting 22 then we lack depth.

I would like Dimma to come out and publicly apologise for having Cotchin on the pine in the last few minutes and not blaming God. He should come out and apologise to us who year in year out open our walletts and yet all we got is its Gods fault.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2012, 10:41:36 PM »
There all fair points mate but I don't see exactly how it changes the culture club?

Firstly I'd don't abuse you, you just take my posts the wrong way ;D it would be fair to say I have copped a fair bit more from you than you have I ov the journey but hey, who's counting :thumbsup

- not sure why you have mentioned the saints and north? Both have bottomed out in recent years and bothe have show how long a rebuild from bottoming out takes.

- agree with removing Jackson from the leadership group. Should have been done long before now. Conca, Ellis, Morris would all be suitable upgrades.

- players earning games Is great in theory but unfortunately we haven't had players earning games. If your referring to Vickery you only have to look at what's happend since he's been gone to understand while we were playing him for as long as we did. I know allot of you just don't want to believe it but injurys have exposed our depth or lack there of it ;)

-I'm pretty sure a compleat review of the Wallett was done, there have been a ton of personal changes made since then apart from the 3 guys you mention. Once again these guys arn't the problem, it's our onfield personel.

- I'm pretty sure it's glaringly obvious why the players that have left have gone. You say we have a culture issue yet your complaining that that a few bad eggs have left? Each and everyone of those players were mentally weak and not up to playing AFL football,period. How they ended up at the club in he first place is more of an issue than why they left IMO.

I don't get your poin about every other clubs special cubs and there development? Can you explain that further for me please.

-I can't see how Dimma being mates with the players is a bad thing? I would be very confident the same thing happens at most clubs. These days the coach just isn't the coach, he is a mentor and a father figure o most of these blokes not a nazi dictator.

-Newman will hand over the captaincy soon enough but before this season had done nothing to warrant him loosing it. Yes he is down of form at the moment but he is still our most experienced player and deserves the captaincy for that alone. Yes Cotch is a gun but why throw him to the wolves just yet? Look how Melbourne are fairing with there two young gun captains :lol

- lastly I don't know why Cotchin was on the bench at the end and I'm certainly not going to stick up for Dimma if he made the call but I think you will find that players have a fair say in there rotations. now I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Cotchin could well have taken himself off in the dying minutes to find that he couldn't get himself back on? If this is the case then it was a huge lack of judgment on his behalf, and this is the same guy you want to make captain ASAP....just saying.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2012, 11:12:24 PM »
when i see coaches being mates with players i think of Spud. Of course my opinion

Your points are valid also

On Jackson absolutely IMO this helps change the culture of a club.

Dimma should have stood him up a long time ago, and in front of the group taken his LG crap away from him.

You know you have your opinions i have mine. I dont believe recruting is the problem. Its developing those we do recruit.

At the end of the day you cant blame 2 finals in 30 years on a lack of depth its a lack of a certain something beteween the ears and yes its culture. How else can you explain our club in the last 30 years

Ive always like Dimma from day 1 and still think he should be given another 12 months to get us into finals but ultimately thats what he is judged on. In 12 months time if we are in the same boat then he will be lucky to last out his final year.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2012, 11:43:23 PM »
when i see coaches being mates with players i think of Spud. Of course my opinion

Your points are valid also

On Jackson absolutely IMO this helps change the culture of a club.

Dimma should have stood him up a long time ago, and in front of the group taken his LG crap away from him.

You know you have your opinions i have mine. I dont believe recruting is the problem. Its developing those we do recruit.

At the end of the day you cant blame 2 finals in 30 years on a lack of depth its a lack of a certain something beteween the ears and yes its culture. How else can you explain our club in the last 30 years

Ive always like Dimma from day 1 and still think he should be given another 12 months to get us into finals but ultimately thats what he is judged on. In 12 months time if we are in the same boat then he will be lucky to last out his final year.

I agree, in my opinion next year was alway going to be the year we had to make the finals, I thought at the begining of this season we would be around 9 to 12 a further improovement on the last couple and the only way to improove from there is finals :thumbsup Next season is a big season for the club in more ways than one ;)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2012, 11:46:16 PM »
The Fighting Tiger Fund loss to Carlton last season is my most painful because we basically gave up.

Even last night, whilst we lost, we didn't give up. We just had a weak squad, were overrun and panicked.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 08:02:41 AM »
Agree with Magic. Mind you that loss to Geelong by 150 points was horrific. Our second quarters are a real problem. We were lucky we weren't blown away in that second quarter against GC. Nahas's game was good as was Brett's and Trent's game. That spoil from Newman in the second half was brilliant.