Author Topic: Tiges v Kangas - Another Bad Start  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Razorblade

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiges v Kangas - Another Bad Start
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2005, 04:01:04 PM »
It's especially bad considered two of the players we have in that age group were mature-aged picks (Tuck and Morrison!)  :gobdrop

I reckon we acquire some guys in this age group through the draft or trade!

I'd look at going after players like Kosi (stuff trying to spell his name), Brennan (Super athlete, Wallace must cream his pants at the thought of having him) and Polak, but we would probably have to give up something we don't want to to get any of them.

Maybe try and pluck some guy out of the VFL/SANFL/WAFL like we did with Tuck, with late picks of course!

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2005, 05:23:08 PM »
We are now paying for the disasterous recruiting practices between the years 1997-2002 (excluding 2000) under Geischen and Frawley. Our list as you say TS has a big hole in the early-mid 20's range. I think I mentioned once before that from something like 35 draft selections and 7 rookie promotions from the 97, 98, 99, 01 and 02 drafts we only have 6 players still at Tigerland today. That's a disgrace. However incompetent these two were at coaching pales into insignificance compared to their recruiting records. At least when they got the flick their poor coaching methods went with them. However we are still left with the mess they made out of our playing list >:(.

As depressing as that all seems, I guess the exciting part is what’s happening now. :thumbsup

As much as I try to be patient though, it turns out that I still hate losing :P, especially the way did last weekend. :banghead
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 05:30:10 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2005, 05:41:02 PM »
We are now paying for the disasterous recruiting practices between the years 1997-2002 (excluding 2000) under Geischen and Frawley. Our list as you say TS has a big hole in the early-mid 20's range. I think I mentioned once before that from something like 35 draft selections and 7 rookie promotions from the 97, 98, 99, 01 and 02 drafts we only have 6 players still at Tigerland today. That's a disgrace. However incompetent these two were at coaching pales into insignificance compared to their recruiting records. At least when they got the flick their poor coaching methods went with them. However we are still left with the mess they made out of our playing list >:(.

As depressing as that all seems, I guess the exciting part is what’s happening now. :thumbsup

As much as I try to be patient though, it turns out that I still hate losing :P, especially the way did last weekend. :banghead

LOL I hate losing too  :thumbsup

That's true TS. There'll be a few more times along the journey that will cause us to do this  :banghead but as Greg said if he stick to the long-term plan then we'll get there. I'd rather we find out now who's not up to it rather than in a few years time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd