Author Topic: Hardwick on ABC grandstand  (Read 922 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick on ABC grandstand
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 07:04:55 PM »
* Leadership group of 5 but earlier in the year we only had one on the park (Cotchin). We found other players stand up as leaders - Morris, Grimes, Chaplin and Ellis. It's been a godsend in a way as our leadership has grown within the group. Still got a way to go but it's improving.

Wasn't there a bit kerfuffle because Chaplin was put in the leadership group and Jack dropped, and I never remember Chaplin missing a game? Also wasn't Grimes in the leadership group or was he dropped as well?

he was dropped bc "we think the leadership in the group has grown, so we don't feel we need anymore than 5 in the leadership group now"

true story

Confused as to how Chaplin and Cotchin makes one person on the park

Because Chaplin at his -25% of a footballer needs Cotch to go at 125% to make up for him?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 08:51:46 PM »
* Leadership group of 5 but earlier in the year we only had one on the park (Cotchin). We found other players stand up as leaders - Morris, Grimes, Chaplin and Ellis. It's been a godsend in a way as our leadership has grown within the group. Still got a way to go but it's improving.

Wasn't there a bit kerfuffle because Chaplin was put in the leadership group and Jack dropped, and I never remember Chaplin missing a game? Also wasn't Grimes in the leadership group or was he dropped as well?

he was dropped bc "we think the leadership in the group has grown, so we don't feel we need anymore than 5 in the leadership group now"

true story

Easy really! First 6 or so weeks of the season Chaplin's efforts were no existent so it was like playing one short, therefore one person on the park  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 08:59:57 PM »
Here's the audio of Dimma's interview on ABC Grandstand. Starts at the 47 minutes remaining mark.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-03/sunday-inquisition-august-3/5644546?section=sport

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 11:32:49 PM »

After being pointed out the obvious from Chuck and WP, I now understand ;D