Author Topic: Dimma's media conference 5-5-16 / Hardwick 'guarantees' Richmond will fight back  (Read 1500 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma's presser today:

VIDEO: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2016-05-05/hardwick-press-conference-may-5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardwick 'guarantees' Richmond will fight back

Rob Forsaith
AAP
May 5, 2016

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has launched a spirited defence of his club, guaranteeing they will recover from a terrible start to the season.

The Tigers face Hawthorn on Friday night in desperate need of a win, with a 1-5 start making it their worst start to a campaign since 2010.

"It will turn. We've got complete confidence in this playing group that they will turn it around," Hardwick said on Thursday.

"They've done it before and will do it again.

"We'll bounce back. I guarantee you."

Hardwick signed a contract extension earlier this year, with the new deal running until the end of the 2018 season.

The 43-year-old's position isn't considered to be in any doubt.

But recent reports have suggested there will be a frank review into the club's football department, including Hardwick's assistants and recruiting staff.

"We review daily, weekly, monthly. We always have an end-of-year review," Hardwick said.

"This is nothing that footy clubs don't do on a regular basis.

"I'm very happy with our coaching group.

"I'm incredibly happy with the state of our list ... I'm incredibly confident with the people we've got at this footy club, that we've got the right people."

Brett Deledio will captain the side in the absence of Trent Cotchin, who will miss at least two weeks with a fractured cheekbone.

Dylan Grimes remains sidelined with a hamstring injury, while suspended star Alex Rance will miss the MCG clash with Hawthorn.

It leaves Hardwick with few options in defence.

"We've probably got five or six players out of our best 22 that aren't playing now but other sides have injuries also," Hardwick said.

"We've got to play better with the players we've got ... we've got some guys that aren't playing well.

"I'm very confident in those players getting the best out of themselves. Guys don't lose their ability. They lose confidence."

Hardwick noted his coaching panel had tweaked some aspects of their gameplan as they seek to upset the triple reigning premiers.

"We'll reset a few things," he said.

"Most sides play the same. (Some) sides just execute better than others."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-05/damien-hardwick-guarantees-richmond-will-fight-back

Ruanaidh

Not waving............drowning. :help

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond have just hit a speed-bump, says Damien Hardwick (Age)
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 06:46:23 PM »
Richmond Tigers have just hit a speed-bump, says Damien Hardwick

Jon Pierik
The Age
5 May 2016

As he deals with the off-field media and supporter "hurricane", Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has guaranteed the Tigers will rebound soon, and with a rejigged game plan.

That refined game style is set to face a rugged test against a stung Hawthorn at the MCG on Friday night.

It's been another tumultuous week for the Tigers, with the entire football department under pressure after a 1-5 start to the season.

The Tigers will complete a review later this year but Hardwick insists it will be no different to those of previous years.

"You have got to understand, we review daily, weekly, monthly. We always have an end-of-year review. This is nothing that footy clubs don't do on a regular basis," he said.

"I am incredibly happy with the state of our list, we have some injuries at the moment, we have got some guys that aren't playing well. I am very confident of those players getting the best out of themselves and will get back.

"We are at a speed-bump at the moment. We will bounce back – I will guarantee you. [I am] very happy with our coaching group, they are a great group of men that have delivered 15 wins last year, 12 wins, 15 wins – they get results.

"At the moment, we are not playing well. I am incredibly confident with the people that we have got at this footy club that we have the right people to take us forward.

"At some stage in our development we were always going to hit a speed hump."

However, this review is set to take a closer look at the football department and assistant coaches, particularly if the poor form continues.

In a bid to rectify this, Hardwick said the Tigers had "changed a few things about how we are going to play and we'll start to get the results we are after".

The Tigers have been criticised for their indirect play and propensity to look wide rather than through the corridor when they have the ball.

They have won three of their past four matches against the Hawks, giving them some confidence.

"We are playing against a side that has, obviously, won the past three flags, were disappointed with their performance last week so they are going to come out breathing fire," Hardwick said.

"With all due respect to Hawthorn, we need to do the same thing. We were disappointed with our contested ball efforts last week, our tackle pressure last week.

"You are always looking for some psychological advantage…there are certain teams we play well against. You can't go too far in the past, though, because sides differ from year to year."

The Tigers are set to regain young defender Nick Vlastuin but will have to wait another week for Dylan Grimes, their second-best backman, as he recovers from a hamstring injury. Brett Deledio will replace Trent Cotchin (fractured cheekbone) as skipper.

Hardwick said he had been encouraged by the emerging talent of Daniel Rioli, Jason Castagna, Corey Elli and Connor Menadue.

In a tough week, Hardwick revealed Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley had rung and offered his support.

Buckley and Hardwick have much in common at the moment, each dealing with seasons where expectations of their clubs have not been met.

Hardwick, who remains a great friend of Hawks mentor Alastair Clarkson, said Buckley had accidentally rung Hardwick's wife before getting on to his coaching counterpart. Buckley had been given the wrong number by AFL Coaches' Association chief Mark Brayshaw.

"He has rung Mrs Hardwick. Mark Brayshaw gave him the wrong number. Why Mark Brayshaw has got my wife's number, I am not so sure," Hardwick joked.

"We had a chat. The one thing the coaches' association has grown in is, look, we want to kill each other on weekends but I think as a group of men, we have started to understand, we are all in this situation at some stage. So we lean on each other a lot more than we used to. That's not to say I don't want to kill Clarko this weekend."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-2016-nathan-buckley-offers-support-for-undersiege-damien-hardwick-20160505-gomrp1.html

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
"He has rung Mrs Hardwick. Mark Brayshaw gave him the wrong number. Why Mark Brayshaw has got my wife's number, I am not so sure," Hardwick joked.
LMAO, maybe because your performance in the sack is on par with your coaching, by your own admission?

I do wonder if Dimmer is prepared to put his job on the line with his guarantee?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Curiouser and curiouser
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
LMAO, maybe because your performance in the sack is on par with your coaching, by your own admission?

I do wonder if Dimmer is prepared to put his job on the line with his guarantee?

Money back guarantee Al?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Bump. I wonder if this press conference may haunt him in the next 4 months.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

Bump. I wonder if this press conference may haunt him in the next 4 months.

doubt it, media let him off too easily

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
They certainly love dimwit don't they compared to bux
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.