Author Topic: Trade Deledio, Edwards and Cotchin for Future Draft picks  (Read 606 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Trade Deledio, Edwards and Cotchin for Future Draft picks
« on: August 01, 2016, 07:05:41 PM »
Seems the coach is staying. Players heads will roll and hopefully some FD staff. All premiership teams of the past 10 years have had a bit of luck but mostly been the first to do some form of 'innovative' plan/structure. Personally think there is a huge window for a club to take advantage of the trading for future draft picks before anyone else. GC have shown that already with having a stack of picks this year due to future draft picks trading. Personally I'd throw in some high currency players for future draft picks. I'd name Deledio and Cotchin as the players I'd trade for a few reasons.

Deledio: Won't be part of next premiership window. Cash in on currency before gets too injury prone or ages. Team needs to learn to win without him as currently it has NFI.
Cotchin: Defended him for too long, I've had enough. Isn't a leader that we needed and hoped for, still has high currency. We need to change captain, having a jaded ex captain at the club may be an issue. Give captaincy to Rance.
Edwards: No good anyway but is rated OK. Would get a 1st rounder surely if someone like a Jed Anderson gets one.

Deledio will get you a first rounder and a future draft pick (doubt will be a 2nd first rounder because of age and injuries)
Cotchin will get you top 10 pick and a 1st rounder, top 10 for 2017, 1st round for 2018.
Edwards should get a first rounder or maybe 2 high 2nd round picks in consecutive years (Pick 20)

Under these 3 trade deals we will have 7 x 1st round picks over 2 years. This is the only way to properly build a list from where we are. We have high currency players that currently don't have the support on field to win a premiership. Look at Adelaide who have lost Dangerfield and are potentially a top 2 side. Bulldogs lost Griffen and Ward and are looking like a top 4 side. Hawks lose Buddy and win a flag the next year. Don't say losing playing is disastrous, sticking with the same broken playing list is.

Get rid of the dead wood who are uncontracted, let squibs go to FA like Vickery and build the club list again around Martin and Rance.
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

Re: Trade Deledio, Edwards and Cotchin for Future Draft picks
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 07:10:12 PM »
I would really like pelchen calling the shots on this one. Has done it twice - cut the hawks list deep early under clarko then did the job at the saints - was given the arse but proof is in the pudding - not afraid to make the hard calls and doesnt use his employment to make mates in the industry, is ruthless and what a list manager should be - ie despised by all and sundry at the footy club

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 07:14:47 PM »
Need someone to make hard calls. Turn the list on its absolute head. Since Jeff Hogg in 93, what player has been traded that we would have genuinely missed as fans?

Maxfield, Ottens.

We don't move on our players we are too trusting. Get tough. Vickery wants to stay because there is no accountability or toughness down there.
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 07:20:03 PM »
Ive said for years that we dont lose players if we want to retain them - in hindsight that can be viewed both as a positive and a negative, the negative being, players enjoy being at the club bc theyre obviously not challenged out of their comfort zone - case in point - Vickery... Just my view