Author Topic: Richmond has the equal 4th best midfield: Champion Data  (Read 919 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Richmond has the equal 4th best midfield: Champion Data
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 10:46:46 PM »
I dunno about their rating system. I think it's flawed.

The club that keeps giving.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 07:38:20 AM »
And we were 3 last year!!

If we had Miles in, maybe we would be 3 again?

51% of people agree statistics can be manipulated to prove most things are incorrect 49% of the time

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 08:31:02 AM »

At the start of the year the Pies were ranked 1
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »

I question a lot of the way CD measure their stats and efficiency.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the definition for disposal efficiency is the biggest load of bullocks and absolutely gives an erroneous view. If a player kicks it long(over 30metres) to a 1 on 3 contest it should not be classified as an efficient kick. If someone kicks it into space for a teammate to run onto that should not be classified as an inefficient kick, or if some dufus teammate drops an easy mark and the ball gets turned over, itshould not be classified as an inefficient kick. If a player like Bellis kicks it short 20 metres sideways or backwards, when someone was on 45 down the ground is it efficient? Its flawed. Dusty goes for line splitting passes that sometimes dont come off so we have a situation where plebs with nfi question his skill bc his disposal efficiency is at 65% vs some hack defender who passes it sideway and has a rating of 80%+

Like in soccer, they talk about pass completion rates like its an important stat, so you have limited footballers who just go sideways and backwards with a 90%+ completion rate as opposed to the suarez/Messi types who continue to go for the outrageous defence splitting passes but dont always pull it off, then you have couch experts arguing that player x is the best on the planet bc he hits 5-10 metres passes all day long.