Author Topic: Mykelti Lefau [merged]  (Read 15175 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Mykelti Lefau [merged]
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2024, 06:49:58 PM »
EXTENSION COMING FOR TIGER

RICHMOND has committed to re-signing key forward Mykelti Lefau after he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament on Saturday night.

Lefau was added to the Tigers' rookie list at the end of the pre-season supplemental selection period in February, but now faces a long stint on the sidelines with his second knee reconstruction in two years.

The Tigers had been working on a two-year deal before the injury and are expected to lock in an extension in the coming weeks.

Lefau was one of 10 players signed across the competition during the SSP and has been one of the most successful signings of the summer, kicking 14 goals from 10 appearances, including 3.2 against West Coast and four other games with two goals.

The New Zealander ruptured the ACL in his right knee at GMHBA Stadium – the opposite knee to the one he did in 2022 – and is the fifth Richmond player to suffer the season-ending injury this year.

– Josh Gabelich

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1145117/inside-trading-carlton-blue-alex-cincotta-to-land-deal-rivals-eye-brisbane-lions-pick-richmond-tiger-mykelti-lefau-to-extend

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2024, 07:25:47 PM »
This guy deserved an extension. Hope next year is better than this one and he wasn't having a low grade purple patch

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2024, 08:27:06 PM »
His third extension after the two Lukey Pookey's already given him.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2024, 08:34:13 PM »
This guy deserved an extension. Hope next year is better than this one and he wasn't having a low grade purple patch
Agree.He deserves an extension. Gotta worry about the whole situation though. He is coming off a second knee he will be what 27 odd and
despite all the good signs is still learning the game.
Imo its   Highly unlikely he will get a game even late next year with the injury and time it will take to get back up to speed.
 if we manage to find some decent tall players then he will be pushing it for next year at least.
 Just wish he was there for the taking a few years earlier than when we got him. No doubt he deserves a chance to have a crack at  some sort of a career at the level.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2024, 08:47:41 PM »
Agree.He deserves an extension. Gotta worry about the whole situation though. He is coming off a second knee he will be what 27 odd and
despite all the good signs is still learning the game.
Imo its   Highly unlikely he will get a game even late next year with the injury and time it will take to get back up to speed.
 if we manage to find some decent tall players then he will be pushing it for next year at least.
 Just wish he was there for the taking a few years earlier than when we got him. No doubt he deserves a chance to have a crack at  some sort of a career at the level.

Not saying he'll be the next JPod but I think of late blossoming players like that.

Lefau looks as fit as a trout. I reckon he'll be right to go either at the start or at least in the first half of next year.

I just hope he can become a 2+ goal/game player consistently and not just plod around 1-1.5/game.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2024, 11:10:55 PM »
Fresh out of surgery and watching on

Rest up, Kelti!

#AFLCrowsTigers | #gotiges

https://x.com/Richmond_FC/status/1798674579730391254

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2024, 01:23:08 AM »
Unreal love this guy
Go Tigers!

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2024, 07:04:41 AM »
Unreal love this guy

Seems like a great clubman. Really hope he recovers and has a decent career. Looks like a good bloke for the rebuild.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2024, 10:29:16 AM »
I had a really good chat to this bloke at a player sponsor's function back in April and again at the dinner last month (no I'm not one of his sponsors) but I have to say he is one of the most genuine blokes I've come across.

Appreciates the incredible opportunity he's been given. And simple doesn't want to let the Club or his teammates down. If attitude was to guarantee to success then this bloke will succeed no problem, 2nd reco or not

Top bloke  :clapping
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 11:48:10 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2024, 10:48:49 AM »
Legend. Glad we gave him 2 years.