Author Topic: Hardwick's post-game presser  (Read 793 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's post-game presser
« on: August 04, 2020, 11:41:14 PM »
VIDEO: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/789364/round-10-hardwick-post-match

Some quotes from Damien Hardwick:

"I thought we came out pretty hard. They had their chances and I think we left some goals on the table as well. You've got to make the most of your chances; we probably did the better of that tonight. We'll just bank the points and look to make the best of our opportunities against Port Adelaide.

On Lynch and Riewoldt:
"They've been training incredibly well and we knew it was only a matter of time. The Brisbane back six have been very good throughout most of the year."

On how significant the win was:
"Really good side, Brisbane. They squandered a couple of opportunities inside 50. But we've got a formidable challenge over in Adelaide this week. They [Port Adelaide] are sitting on top of the ladder, playing a dynamic brand of footy. We can't wait."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/live-afl-richmond-v-brisbane-20200804-p55ijo.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick's post-game presser
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 11:44:20 PM »
Hardwick said it was only a "matter of time" before Lynch and Riewoldt fired together. Before Tuesday night's match they had just 22 goals between them through nine rounds.

"Our boys rose to the challenge, they’ve been putting in a hell of a lot of hard work and finally got the outcome they’ve been looking for," Hardwick said.

Richmond was ruthless against a wasteful Lions and will now prepare for competition leaders Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on Saturday afternoon.

"I thought we came out pretty hard, they had their chances and I think we left a lot of goals on the table as well," Hardwick said.

"We probably tried to overuse the ball a little bit inside 50 and butchered a few chances.

"We've got a formidable challenge over in Adelaide this week - they are sitting on top of the ladder, play a dynamic brand of footy."

Source: AFL website