Author Topic: Bomberblitz's 2021 season preview of Richmond  (Read 951 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bomberblitz's 2021 season preview of Richmond
« on: February 06, 2021, 04:39:23 PM »
A season preview from an enemy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

By poster allblack:

Season 2021 - Richmond

Coach – Damien Hardwick

2020 –
Points For – 5th
Points Against – 2nd

Top 5 Best and Fairest
Jayden Short
Dustin Martin
Nick Vlastuin
Shai Bolton
Kamdyn McIntosh

2020 Rising Star Noms: Nil

Ins – Mate Colina, Samson Ryan, Maurice Rioli Jnr.

Outs – Luke English, Jack Higgins, Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, Oleg Markov, Alex Rance, Fraser Turner

My Prediction

Living proof that you don’t need to be nice guys to be successful. From top to bottom the hubris at this joint is unbelievable. It wasn’t that long ago we pitied the supporters from Rhyming Slang Road. Now we just want this era to wind up as their fans have become worse than Collingwood supporters albeit without the overt racism.

The backline was supposed to collapse without Rance. Turns out Balta who I am pretty sure they recruited as a forward is actually a gun back alongside Grimes and Astbury who apparently are pretty good at this key backmen thing. Run coming from Short, Houli and Vlastuin completes a very good backline that is supported by the team up the field.

The midfield know their roles and get it done most weeks. Obviously Martin is probably the best midfielder in the game and certainly knows how to get it done in September. Cotchin didn’t have his best year but still got it done. Bolton played his best footy so far last year and you throw in McIntosh, Prestia and Edwards, it looks pretty solid. Not the best midfield in the competition but they again know how to get the job done.

The forward line has probably the best one two punch with Reiwoldt and Lynch. They are well supported by the cast of smalls who can find the goals when the ball hits the ground. You could certainly make an argument than the Tigers game plan doesn’t work to the advantage of Lynch but it certainly works to the teams advantage.

The rucks are maybe the worst one two punch in the AFL with Nankervis and Soldo. They need a solid run from Nankervis but Richmond may have done more than anyone else to disprove the need for a quality ruck.The coach is strangely facing a challenging year this year, the messy end to his marriage and rumblings within the club will be interesting but truth be told, three premierships means he can write his own cheque. The off the field stuff has been present through it all with the team and it seems to have little impact.

Richmond has done a good job to keep their list together. They have lost some role players but no one you would think makes a significant difference or cant be replaced. Their main threat this year is themselves. I don’t think they will win the minor premiership in part because I am not sure they value it. Last year may be the model of just doing enough during the year to stay top four and then building towards their best form in the finals. I think between 3-4 will be their mark again this year.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/season-2021-richmond/21002

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bomberblitz's 2021 season preview of Richmond
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 07:21:40 PM »
Actually good read , but get our rucks do undervalued Nank and Soldo I'll have that combo anyway of the week.