Author Topic: Brendon Gale will be the next AFL CEO: Garry Lyon (SEN)  (Read 779 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brendon Gale will be the next AFL CEO: Garry Lyon (SEN)
« on: June 24, 2021, 02:52:37 PM »
"I'M DECLARING IT": LYON NAMES WHO HE BELIEVES WILL BE THE NEXT AFL CEO

By Nic Negrepontis
SEN
24 June 2021

Garry Lyon believes Richmond’s Brendon Gale will be the next CEO of the AFL.

The Tigers overnight announced another year of record membership, hitting a mammoth 103,358.

Gale has overseen three premierships in four years and Lyon made the call on SEN Breakfast.

“(Brendon Gale) is the next CEO of the AFL. I’m declaring it,” Lyon said.

“If you were to lock me (into a date), I would say 2023.”

Current AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan last week admitted he is entering the latter half of his tenure.

“As a chief executive, you’ve got your run at it,” he told SEN WA.

“I think eight to 10 years is what feels to me about right if everything goes well.

“I’ve done seven years and I’ve got some stuff to do, but I think it has its time.

“At the moment, I’m still enjoying it and I’ve got things to do, but I’m certainly in the second half (of my tenure) no doubt.

“You’re conscious with public life that there is a lifespan, but I’m enjoying it. I’ve been very lucky.

“It’s a position of great privilege because this game means so much to so many people and I’ve been very lucky.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/06/23/im-declaring-it-lyon-names-who-he-believes-will-be-the-next-afl-ceo/

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Brendon Gale will be the next AFL CEO: Garry Lyon (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 10:52:29 PM »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 07:42:20 AM »
Happy for a Tas team. Interested in a NT team also but just not sure how feasible that would be during the regular H&A season due to climate.

Move on a couple of crap teams though. Don't want any more than we have now, already too many.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 04:21:04 PM »
Don't think too many NT home games would be daytime affairs...at least not in Darwin...unless they build a brand spanking new air conditioned stadium with a roof.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 07:02:36 PM »
The wet would be an issue