Author Topic: Hardwick "sometimes behaves as though he's bigger than the club": Caro (FC)  (Read 2235 times)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Caro was critical of the club when Hardwick transgressed and had an opinion about integrity etc.

Hardwick obviously has taken offence.

What did Caro say that was so wrong? People are very good at smashing her but she gets things right the majority of the time.
Her opinion about the Hardwick affair was balanced and it asked the right questions and her opinion of it was a very good one and we’ve got to remember it’s her job as a journalist as it was for Mike Sheahan and as it also is for the very basic Robbo.

Hardwick can be bitter about it but the facts are he was caught out to be cheating on his wife and was in the wrong in this occasion. These things happen in life and it’s newsworthy because they are public people in the entertainment business. Can anyone remember the whole Carey saga?
What was the media supposed to do, ignore it?

Love her or hate her she seems to get it right most times especially the more controversial issues.
All those calling for her to be sacked only weeks ago are in denial, she was 100% correct about the Hawthorn issue and no matter how many interviews the coaches had with the media to “set the record straight” changed that fact.

BTW Lynch had a terrible game and was non effective if anyone would know how to play forward it would be Jonathan Brown. He also is paid to make comment and have opinions as he sees it.
Blind Freddy could see Lynch was having a poor day at the office. In fact he’s been very poor all year.

I am all for people having opinions.
Dimma, Caro, Browny can all have opinions.

In a coaches box, I’m expecting his opinions to deliver outcomes on a footy field.
In a press conference, I’m expecting his opinions to deliver outcomes for his playing group.

If that upsets Caro or Browny - that’s their problem.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.