Author Topic: Hardwick's post-game media conference / "That's Richmond footy": Dimma  (Read 1090 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dimma's post-match presser:

WATCH: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/afl/press-conferences/richmond-tigers-press-conference!822434

------------------------------------------

Midway through the last quarter on Sunday at the MCG, with the game decided, it looked like Himmelberg would score a consolation goal.

But Marlon Pickett came from nowhere to execute an outstanding spoil and hammer Himmelberg in the process.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick singled out the incident, which typified the constant pressure that the Tigers heaped on the Giants.

"That's Richmond footy, that's what we love. We're not a kicks, marks, handball side, we just want to reward those behaviours," Hardwick said of Pickett's spoil.

"It's the identity we speak about and the players should be under no illusions that's when we play our best footy, that's the sort of style of game we get."

As the Tigers lauded a great win, Cameron had his team behind closed doors for an extended post-game debrief.

"Just our execution on fundamentals - kick, mark, handball, ground ball - they were far better," he said.

"By the time you fumble one, fumble twice, they're onto you, they pounce on you to score. That's the Richmond way.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tigers-repeat-mcg-pain-giants-072153973.html

--------------------------

“I was really happy with the players I had in the side, so there are going to be some hungry players,” Hardwick said.

“It’s tough to make changes. Don’t get me wrong, those guys are really good players, but we’re really happy with the guys and what they did.”

But Hardwick said his side’s pressure was back to where it needed to be, while the Tigers also made use of their strong 1-2 ruck combination, with both Toby Nankervis (15 disposals, 21 hitouts, one goal) and Ivan Soldo (two goals) having a strong impact.

“I love the look of it,” Hardwick said.

“Those tall guys, we’ve always wanted to have that philosophy, and at various stages we have, but Soldo’s basically missed 18 months of footy, and he’s only going to get better.

“He was a little bit disappointed with his game last week, but it just takes time. He was a little bit rusty, but I thought today he took a step forward again, and he’ll get better for the run as the season progresses.”

Source: The Age

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Full credit to coaching staff turning around contested ball and clearance work from Round 1 smashing.
Go Tigers!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Full credit to coaching staff turning around contested ball and clearance work from Round 1 smashing.

Yep this is what is needed every week.

It is patently clear when we lose in  these areas we tend to lose i/50 also. No surprise we at least break even we are in the hunt.

Still think despite the win that we need to make changes.