Author Topic: Official R2 team vs Crows  (Read 2205 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Official R2 team vs Crows
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 10:28:12 PM »
McAdam lost his appeal so the Crows will need to make one more change.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/887141/appeal-fails-crows-forward-still-banned-after-marathon-hearing

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2023, 12:30:56 AM »
Eight to nine changes since we last played the Crows in round 5 last year.

In: Grimes, Martin, M.Rioli, Taranto, Hopper, Ryan, McIntosh, Young.

Out: Ross, Tarrant (inj.), Dow, Ralphsmith, Miller, Edwards (ret.), Castagna (ret.), Aarts (del.), Parker (ret.)

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2023, 01:49:26 AM »
Good changes since last year, at least 4 blokes out who wouldn't have given us much

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2023, 08:50:29 AM »
In my view Miller still plays. Riewoldt to stay in Melbourne. Very surprised that neither Sonsie or Dow were named. Really Shocked actually.

Both were streets ahead in my view
Cmon Crackers that does not make sense. Even at age 34 Riewoldt gives heaps more as a fwd than Ben. And playing Ryan as the third forward second ruck just makes sense. Really looking forward to see how much the third tall forward frees up Lynchy and Jack.

What i would be doing is taking Miller as the sub just in case they get hold of young and Balta in defence. Ben can play all parts  of the ground and in that sense makes a good sub.

Imo all of Sonsie and yes Dow has had a good preseason, Clarke and Cumberland will struggle to get regular games. The coaches are just way too determined to find ways to keep old favorites in the team.

How deluded is Hooch he is still talking about Castagna and the role he did hence the Mansell decision. FMD the game changed 3 seasons ago and Castagna had been horrid for all of them. Time for a new coach imo especially if he cannot see his way to giving what good kids we have a decent go.

Just hearing that the club has decided to fast track Ryan. Will it be along side Riewoldt or as his replacement? Gut feeling is that Miller still plays as a back up plan for Young,  the ruck and for Ryan. Riewoldt comes out. Mansell to be sub.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2023, 09:56:10 AM »
No Sonsie Cumberland or Clarke and as usual faves who had poor games last week get away unscathed.

Good to see Ryan get a go i hope they give  all three big guys a decent amount of time on the ground together.
Martin and Bolton id say will have to find a defensive bone and pressure and tackle. Cannot blame others  expect others even drop others to always cover their shortcomings.

Yep the old favorites that have won us three flags in recent years. You really can't expect them to drop  Camdon, Trent, Jack, Nick etc on one down game (the only game). How about giving the guys that have got us there for many years the benifits of at least one down game.  I like that they have given Ryan a go but on all reports Cumberland was not great last week in the VFL so why pick him?  Nah don't answer that as you will only insult me, the coaches etc and you really can't justify selecting somebody who is not. currently performing.

LOL what a load of crock. we havent won a final for two seasons and didn't even make them in one. The blokes i want dropped have had plenty of poor games too many in those two seasons.
I think i named Kamdyn, Trent, Jack, and Nick in my 23 !!!! so what the hell are you rabbitting on about.

As for the non selections of  Ryan rnd 1, Sonsie, Clarke and even Dow they all had great preseasons and Cumberland was widely tipped to play round one by everyone because of his FANTASTIC form last year. I see he has no credits in the bank but blokes who have been average for the last two seasons have plenty. Hey one rule for some another for others.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2023, 10:43:52 AM »
Good changes since last year, at least 4 blokes out who wouldn't have given us much

Yes the team is different a lot different and i said in another post we hit critical overload with too many ordinary players in the team last year.
Even rnd 5 we were asking why are we playing Parker, Aarts, Edwards who was clearly shot, Castagna Ross who looked real ordinary
Dow i think had some VFL form.

But lets face it 6 of those named this time around are regulars and its only Young who thru neccesity and Ryan thru good form who are inexperienced if you like.

Not so many duds this time but in the main we continue to ignore younger players.And they continue to come up with all sorts of dumb arse reasons why not instead of asking how can we play these talented youngsters. If there is a will to play them it will happen but clearly there is no will for to do it.Its sort of only as a last resort.

Of the 9 who played last year only Tarrant and miller are losses imo.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2023, 01:52:22 PM »
No Sonsie Cumberland or Clarke and as usual faves who had poor games last week get away unscathed.

Good to see Ryan get a go i hope they give  all three big guys a decent amount of time on the ground together.
Martin and Bolton id say will have to find a defensive bone and pressure and tackle. Cannot blame others  expect others even drop others to always cover their shortcomings.

:clapping
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2023, 04:31:29 PM »
Nicks summoned Lachlan Murphy as McAdam's replacement while also recalling winger Lachie Sholl.

The Crows dropped fullback Jordon Butts despite the twin Tiger attacking threat of tall forwards Tom Lynch and Jack Riewoldt.

"That will be a challenge for us (but) we don't feel we're too small," Nicks said.

"We like to be flexible in that area. We're looking at the game and where it's heading but that will be something we have got to keep working on.

"There's a number of things we have got up our sleeve to help with cover and that is about us balancing the team up."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/887727/-the-bump-is-finished-nicks-on-mcadam-ban-tigers-threats

--------------------------------------

Adelaide team.

B: Doedee, Murray, Michalanney

HB: Smith, Dawson, Hinge

C: Soligo, Laird, Sholl

HF: Rachele, Pedlar, Keays

F: Walker, Fogarty, Rankine

FOLL: O’Brien, Sloane, Berry

I/C: Himmelberg, Schoenberg, Murphy, Milera

EMG: Butts, Thilthorpe, Parnell, Jones

IN: Sholl, Murphy

OUT: McAdam (suspended), Butts (omitted), Brown (omitted)

https://www.afc.com.au/news/1289675/team-selection-update-round-two

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2023, 06:05:06 PM »

Yep the old favorites that have won us three flags in recent years. You really can't expect them to drop  Camdon, Trent, Jack, Nick etc on one down game (the only game). How about giving the guys that have got us there for many years the benifits of at least one down game.  I like that they have given Ryan a go but on all reports Cumberland was not great last week in the VFL so why pick him?  Nah don't answer that as you will only insult me, the coaches etc and you really can't justify selecting somebody who is not. currently performing.

LOL what a load of crock. we havent won a final for two seasons and didn't even make them in one. The blokes i want dropped have had plenty of poor games too many in those two seasons.
I think i named Kamdyn, Trent, Jack, and Nick in my 23 !!!! so what the hell are you rabbitting on about.

As for the non selections of  Ryan rnd 1, Sonsie, Clarke and even Dow they all had great preseasons and Cumberland was widely tipped to play round one by everyone because of his FANTASTIC form last year. I see he has no credits in the bank but blokes who have been average for the last two seasons have plenty. Hey one rule for some another for others.

Well given that we have had the following changes

In: Ryan, Young

Out: Ross, Mansell, Miller (all omitted)

Who the hell are you going to drop to fit those three others you want in.  It no point just naming an extra 3 players and not nominating how you get them in. The team is 22 and a sub not 25. And btw I do know Short will be one you nominate as you are always banging on about him but for the other 2 in. Who Claw?
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2023, 07:38:43 PM »

Well given that we have had the following changes

In: Ryan, Young

Out: Ross, Mansell, Miller (all omitted)

Who the hell are you going to drop to fit those three others you want in.  It no point just naming an extra 3 players and not nominating how you get them in. The team is 22 and a sub not 25. And btw I do know Short will be one you nominate as you are always banging on about him but for the other 2 in. Who Claw?

Hmm i believe i advocated 4 possible   changes all up one change i did not make was Young for Miller.

Out was Short Ross Mansell  with Baker to sub.
ins was Sonsie Ryan Cumberland and possibly Clarke for Baker in the end.. I mentioned Dow because he has had a good preseaon and should have been at least looked at. Another i don't have a problem looking at dropping is McIntosh  but as i said any more changes than one or two is definately a bridge too far for Hooch and his gandg.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2023, 08:25:07 PM »
Let's ingore the Miller for Young swap as we probably didn't expect or want that.

You have going out of the 22 . Short Mansell Baker. Ross was the sub.
You have coming in Ryan, Sonsie, Cumberland. Baker to sub.

So given that the sub has not been named yet it's only two players different to what actually happened. Not exactly giving all these players being given game because they are Hardwicks favourites (yes that's his name) and certainly not worth the bake you give the coaches, selection committee and the other posters here.

So the two you want dropped are Baker and Short.

Now to use your words "The blokes i want dropped have had plenty of poor games too many in those two seasons."  I would strongly disagree.

Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2023, 11:29:55 PM »
Mansell, Miller and Hugo in Adelaide with the team according to this vision.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1639195719075786754
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2023, 11:50:37 PM »
Mansell, Miller and Hugo in Adelaide with the team according to this vision.

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1639195719075786754