Author Topic: Dylan Grimes on SEN 4/5/23  (Read 559 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dylan Grimes on SEN 4/5/23
« on: May 04, 2023, 01:02:12 PM »
Richmond co-captain Dylan Grimes joined Garry and Tim to talk about their loss to the Gold Coast Suns on Sunday, the areas they know they need to work on, his motivation to have more success, the murmurings about the future of Damien Hardwick at the club, Tom Lynch's injury recovery, and more.

LISTEN HERE: https://megaphone.link/NTETP5020160497

--------------------------------------------------------------

RICHMOND CO-CAPTAIN RESPONDS TO HARDWICK MURMURINGS AS WATSON PUTS LINE THROUGH TIGERS IN 2023

Seb Mottram
SEN
4 May 2023

Richmond co-captain Dylan Grimes says Damien Hardwick has kept the pressure off his players in the wake of the Tigers’ slow start to 2023.

After three premierships in the yellow and black, suggestions Hardwick has taken the Tigers as far as he can have grown in recent weeks with Richmond on just six premiership points through seven rounds.

Finals are now a long shot after last week’s loss to Gold Coast, a game which the Tigers arguably put up their most frustrating display in years.

But Grimes says the murmurings on Hardwick’s future haven’t entered Punt Road, with the coach instead shielding his players.

When asked on SEN Breakfast if Hardwick brings discussions on his future inside the four walls, the defender responded: “No, I don’t think so.

“I think we’re always aware of what the narrative is and almost use that as a motivating force at times.

“But in terms of what the individual comments are or pressure on particular players, Dimma has always been amazing at diverting that pressure away from us.

“I think the one thing that he’s been throughout his whole journey, even pre-premiership success, was focusing and honing in on the process and what we can control.

“It does sound a little cliché but in the heat of battle you want to be thinking about all the things that make us a great football side, not the things that someone else has said about us or the external pressure.

“I think at times when you’re not going as well that’s even more important to hone in on that process.”

The start to the 2023 season is the worst in Hardwick’s tenure since his first year in 2010.

Richmond’s defence has held up well in the absence of numerous key backs, but at the other end of the ground the Tigers have booted the 16th most points.

While the Tigers haven’t lived up to expectations, an injury list featuring the likes of Tom Lynch, Toby Nankervis, Jack Graham, Josh Gibcus, Robbie Tarrant and more has played a part.

But Tim Watson has now put a line through Richmond making a ninth finals appearance under Hardwick in 2023.

“I hadn’t ruled them out last week, but having watched them on the weekend in a game that was a must win for them I thought against the Suns and losing that game, I’ve ruled them out as a top eight side now,” the Essendon great explained.

Hardwick’s men likely need to win at least 11 of their remaining 16 games to play finals.

A much-needed morale boost looms against West Coast on Saturday afternoon at the MCG.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/05/03/richmond-co-captain-responds-to-hardwick-murmurings-as-watson-puts-line/

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dylan Grimes on SEN 4/5/23
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 02:05:02 PM »
A much needed morale boost looms. Ha i would not put money on it the way we are travelling atm.