Author Topic: Yze’s Post Game Presser  (Read 640 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Yze’s Post Game Presser
« on: June 15, 2024, 10:39:16 PM »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Yze’s Post Game Presser
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024, 10:49:11 PM »
First time I've heard Yze come close to giving them a clip in his presser

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/1578902/round-14-yze-post-match?videoId=1578902&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1718445321001
Still not good enough, this was the time he needed a Malcolm Blight moment

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2024, 10:53:47 PM »
Never heard a grown man continuously say aaaahhhhhmmmmmm as much

I lost count at 30 and couldn’t watch anymore

For me his press conferences are impossible

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024, 11:08:43 PM »
Yep damo and why is he happy? I would be embrrassed with what his players dished up today.

Not sure what your talking about WP, but i thought that presser was about as soift as i have heard him. They are getting worse.

About a month ago he went a tad hard and the results came. He has reverted to his weak rubbish again.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2024, 11:15:17 PM »
#proudoftheboys  :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2024, 02:41:48 AM »
Never heard a grown man continuously say aaaahhhhhmmmmmm as much

I lost count at 30 and couldn’t watch anymore

For me his press conferences are impossible
Yep my pet hate, stopped counting at 50 last week. Only idiots , uneducated fools um and arr in every sentence. It's pathetic

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2024, 06:22:30 AM »
No that it matters but it is very annoying that you cannot hear the presses questions.

In reality we lost stop grilling the guy.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2024, 10:17:37 AM »
Yep damo and why is he happy? I would be embrrassed with what his players dished up today.

Not sure what your talking about WP, but i thought that presser was about as soift as i have heard him. They are getting worse.

About a month ago he went a tad hard and the results came. He has reverted to his weak rubbish again.

"He was happy"?

First time in a presser he didn't say he was proud of the effort, first time.

Didn't go into detail as to the areas we stuffed up in. Just kept saying we will review and stopped. All previous pressers he says things like "we will review honestly like we always do", "our leaders will drive this" blah, blah

None of that yesterday. If you didn't notice the glare at the one media numpty who asked the same question twice?

It was clear IMHO he was gutted with the effort yesterday due to the significance of the occasion. We have no idea what was said before closed doors but to suggest he was happy I reckon is way of the mark

As for the umms and aaahhjms etc he's 14 weeks into his career. Go back in time and you'll find most of them did at the start, even 3 time premiership coaches  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2024, 04:26:47 PM »
Not sure why the upset at Yze, for this year at least.

We want high draft picks. Will not be winning many games for the rest of the year.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2024, 09:14:04 AM »
No upsets here. Annoyed though because the Smiths, Bauers Blight could have had a few, Trezise after injury Coulthard we could have used McAuliffe better and on it goes. Our kids could have had a far bigger taste of senior footy.
It makes you wonder just how many would have even got games if the injuries did not happen because one thing is for sure we have played so many very poor underperforming seniors all year.
Why are we still playing old hacks in front of kids, hacks who will not take us anywhere are not the future and thats obvious.
There is no vision for the future it seems.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2024, 05:25:38 PM »

We want high draft picks. Will not be winning many games for the rest of the year.

This and next year will be bleak and not on the coach. List manager perhaps. Strength and conditioning - 100%.
Player development perhaps (which is the coach as well).

But let’s make this more than one dimensional than potting Yze alone
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024, 08:02:52 PM »

This and next year will be bleak and not on the coach. List manager perhaps. Strength and conditioning - 100%.

Who's potting Yze.
I  dont think he or the club have done enough to play kids.
I struggle to see a cohesive game plan and imo he has definately notbeen tough enough on senior players who have consistently been poor.

In analysing this i would be surprised if most people would argue against these points.

Yes we have had injuries but imo that is being used to mask over things he has got wrong.

Is he a good Afl i don't know im just not very impressed because i get the distinct feeling he is not thinking 5 yrs down the track  or acknowledging just how poor a lot of developed  players have been.

Where is the blue print that we can all see and follow. that allows us to put up with big losses that will come because we can see a direction.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2024, 08:54:31 PM »

Who's potting Yze.
I  dont think he or the club have done enough to play kids.
I struggle to see a cohesive game plan and imo he has definately notbeen tough enough on senior players who have consistently been poor.

In analysing this i would be surprised if most people would argue against these points.

Yes we have had injuries but imo that is being used to mask over things he has got wrong.

Is he a good Afl i don't know im just not very impressed because i get the distinct feeling he is not thinking 5 yrs down the track  or acknowledging just how poor a lot of developed  players have been.

Where is the blue print that we can all see and follow. that allows us to put up with big losses that will come because we can see a direction.

Whilst I agree with some things you say about blooding more kids etc. at some point you just have to look at it and say ‘ does a professional afl club/coach/selection panel/recruiting manager have a better idea of what they’re doing than I do? And the answer is yes