Author Topic: Changes for next week against the Roos?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Changes for next week against the Roos?
« on: July 28, 2024, 04:09:45 PM »
Taranto subbed off with a back complaint. Not sure if it will keep him out next week but he clearly wasn't right today.

Nank should be back from concussion protocol.

Fire away with your changes?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Changes for next week against the Roos?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2024, 05:54:30 PM »
Must lose game.

Keep Nank rested.

Taranto out.

Bring in McAuliffe and Blight for some minutes.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 06:05:53 PM »
Replace Taranto with KMac2 or play Sonsie on ball for a stuffing change....anyone but Thomson Dud...too bad we can't pick Smith yet.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2024, 06:27:50 PM »
Shortsteps should be first dropped again but of course won't be - again....some of his defensive efforts were disgraceful even by his already exceedingly low standards and that's not taking into account his usual totally useless possessions....only people who like to see the ball in his hands more than him are the opposition........ :banghead
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2024, 07:02:26 PM »
In: Sonsie (only if they play him in the middle), Mcauliffe, Blight, Bauer, Nank

Out: Dow, Kosi, Tresize, Ryan, Short

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2024, 08:57:03 PM »
11 shots on goal for the Cumdawg and Bauer today. Yep I'm saying bring him back and play him deep... :shh

Capuano Short and a few others to make way for the youngsters
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2024, 09:02:46 PM »
Tarranto subbed for being poo and lazy..

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2024, 01:04:34 AM »
Tigers star set to face Roos, confidence over key mid

By AAP
29 July 2024

RICHMOND superstar Dustin Martin is all but certain to return from injury against North Melbourne in a battle that could decide this year's wooden spoon – and the No.1 draft pick.

Yze said captain Toby Nankervis is "in a good space" to return as he moves through concussion protocols, while Martin is also likely to play.

The 33-year-old triple premiership star has been sidelined with a back complaint since being subbed out of the Tigers' loss to Carlton on June 30.

"(He'll play against North Melbourne) as long as he doesn't flare up," Yze said.

"He's had three (training) sessions now. He had a good session yesterday and got some good volume.

"Now we've got a couple of sessions where we'll be able to get some training load into him and he'll be in a better position to perform.

"I can't see a reason why he wouldn't play next week."

Yze is also confident Daniel Rioli (ankle) and Tim Taranto (back) will be fit to face North Melbourne despite picking up injuries in the loss to Collingwood.

Prolific midfielder Taranto was substituted out of the game during the third quarter because of a back complaint.

"He's just got a tight lower back," Yze said.

"He tweaked it at the start of the game, in the first quarter, and then it just got worse and worse.

"He's a leader of our footy club and he tried to toil away, tried different things, tried to play different positions – he was happy to play full-forward – but it was too high risk.

"We've got a six-day break going into next week's game and we just needed fit guys out there.

"He was pretty selfless in saying that he needed to get off the ground ... but he should be OK next week."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1184175/richmond-tigers-star-dustin-martin-set-to-face-north-melbourne-kangaroos-confidence-over-key-midfielder-tim-taranto

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2024, 07:57:21 AM »
INS: Taranto, Nankervis, Graham

OUTS: Ryan, Dow, Smith

No point in saying drop Short because they won't. He's been abysmal this season
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2024, 08:51:37 AM »
INS: Taranto, Nankervis, Graham

OUTS: Ryan, Dow, Smith

No point in saying drop Short because they won't. He's been abysmal this season

Taranto is already in unless he's injured and can't play.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2024, 08:55:21 AM »
In: Nank, McAuliffe (in the GUTS), Sonsie (in the GUTS), Blight

Out: Ryan, Dow, Smith

I know that's not enough outs but it's the blokes I want in and out as close as possible.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2024, 02:15:22 PM »
Out Premierships
In Spoons

Not really happy bout it either
stuffn already who would of thought?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2024, 02:02:18 PM »
The Tigers could be boosted by the returns of Dustin Martin (back), Toby Nankervis (concussion) and Jack Graham (hip) for Saturday's meeting with North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium. Martin hasn't played since round 16, while Graham has been sidelined for Richmond's past two matches. Important midfielder Tim Taranto is also facing a test after being subbed out of the loss to Collingwood due to a sore back. Kane McAuliffe (23 disposals and a goal), Tyler Sonsie (29 and nine clearances) and Jacob Blight (23) performed well at VFL level, while Noah Cumberland kicked 2.4. – Dejan Kalinic

Last week's sub: Thomson Dow (replaced Tim Taranto)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1184364/in-the-mix-r21-whos-under-the-pump-pushing-for-selection

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2024, 12:33:12 AM »
Team Tips:

Much like their opponents, the Tigers will be bursting at the seams to move themselves away from the bottom of the ladder with a win this Saturday.

Tim Taranto was subbed out on Sunday with a back concern, and looks to be a test for the weekend in big news for Adem Yze’s midfield.

There were a lot of Richmond’s youngsters who had quiet days out on the MCG against Collingwood, but that’s to be expected given their list and injuries.

Despite playing a half of VFL on the weekend, the club has said that Marlion Pickett will not return to the AFL this weekend, nor will Maurice Rioli Jnr.

Meanwhile, Yze himself has labelled Dustin Martin and captain Toby Nankervis both strong chances to play this weekend.

Midfielder-forward Jack Graham will also need to train strongly before he’s re-called.

Kane McAuliffe was the best of the AFL-listed players on Sunday morning against Collingwood’s VFL side, while Tyler Sonsie was also strong.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2024-round-21-team-tips-predicted-sides-and-squads-ins-and-outs-team-changes-injuries-returns-latest-team-news/news-story/e5578d001f97e48a612e9d5eb2971e2c

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2024, 02:39:10 PM »
I posted this in the Assistant Coaches thread but relevant here as well

From Twitter

@JoshGabelich

Kane Lambert has been promoted to @Richmond_FC forwards coach, following the departure of David Teague. Dustin Martin trained fully today and is expected to return vs North Melbourne. Toby Nankervis has exited concussion protocols @AFLcomau