Author Topic: No Tigers playing this weekend?  (Read 745 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
No Tigers playing this weekend?
« on: March 20, 2009, 04:42:49 PM »
Do you need permission for AFL listed players to play in a VFL intraclub game?

The AFL site says we have no one playing this weekend whereas 12 Carlton players will running around for the Bullants in their practice match.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/73470/default.aspx

So no game for Cogs to run around in?  :-\
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: No Tigers playing this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
Yeah what is up with that???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 07:23:54 PM »
Might be the only time we do as well as the cats(also with nil playing this weekend).must be pretty fit.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »
Coburg and Geelong don't play official VFL practice matches this weekend so that's why I was asking if AFL listed players are required permission to play VFL intraclub games.

Although it's unlikely any of those 12 Carlton players will play on Thursday night on the back of a 4-5 day break it would be unfair they did. Walker and Scotland are listed as playing and they would be in the Blues best 22.

Edit: I just checked the VFL site and the Bullants aren't scheduled to play this weekend either  ???. So I have no idea what's going on lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 07:54:30 PM »
Thats what I mean MT, why would we not play Edwards, Rance, Coughlan and geez where does it end??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 02:06:55 AM »
Blues pair comes through VFL test
Sam Edmund | March 21, 2009

CARLTON will almost certainly include Heath Scotland and Andrew Walker in its Round 1 side to face Richmond after both cruised through a VFL intraclub match yesterday.

Walker, who has been plagued by persistent shoulder injuries during the pre-season, and Scotland, who is recovering from groin surgery, performed well in a Northern Bullants hitout at Visy Park.

The duo, along with promising draftee Mitch Robinson, played a half and showed encouraging signs.

All three are expected to line up against the Tigers at the MCG on Thursday night.

Walker showed zip around the stoppages, while Scotland had the ball on a string across half-back.

Setanta O'hAilpin was solid in the ruck for three quarters, while Brad Fisher moved well across half-forward.

Chris Yarran, the No. 6 pick in the draft, showed flashes of brilliance but was quiet overall.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25217805-19742,00.html