Author Topic: Best games you have been at, non-finals  (Read 2456 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Best games you have been at, non-finals
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »
No doubt the Carlton Richmond game at Princess Park, Truely magnificent in front of a packed house

By the Flemington straight  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2009, 09:52:01 PM »
Agree with many of those and the Carlton/Princess Park is probably my best ever.

Does anyone remember beating Collingwood on a Friday night at the G, cant remember the year but it was tight all night. Richo played on from outside the boundry line and was getting heaps, then he snapped the winning goal over his shoulder/around the corner he only just got boot to ball but it went through. I remember Ben "Scooter" Moore playing a cracker that night also.

Good bloke "'scooter"" . Played his career out at Glenelg, he is a fireman these days. Still keeps in touch with Richo

I reckon scooter missed an easy shot in the last quarter on the run that night

That was rd 11 1997. The week before we lost to Melbourne after Balme got sacked so there was heaps of pressure on the club. I think it was Walls involvement in his 500th or 600th match. I remember after Richo kicked the winning goal there was about five minutes of play left and Benny Gale repelled about five or six Collingwood attacks by taking five or six pack marks across the Collingwood half fwd line Olympic Stand side Punt Rd end.

We led all night until the last quarter when the Pies hit the front and I remember Ben Moore kicked a goal to get us level too. I remember Richo in that game take two big marks in the third no more than 20 metres out and he hit the post in the same spot about two minutes apart only to kick the hard one from the boundary line at the fifty at the players race in the Northern Stand only a few minutes after that. Richo gave Schauble a bath that night and being the difference between the sides kicking five goals in a low scoring game.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »
Round 17 at Telstra -v- the Bulldogs

Best victory we had under Spudley and also the night I lost a lot of respect for one of our players because he pulled out of a contest and it could have cost us the game.

To this day I am absolutely speechless that it was never highlighted by the commentators (Walls & Bereton)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)