Author Topic: Whats our recruiting staff pedigree  (Read 7355 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Whats our recruiting staff pedigree
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »
Here's some more speculation, maybe they did ask Francis his opinion on those trades and he said they were duds,
Here's some facts, at the end of the day the trade is not his call to make, someone else makes it, simple as that
and i wasn't aware Francis is also in charge of player development once his draft picks get to the club?  :lol that's a big job, when did that happen? hope he got a six figure pay rise
He's no guru, he needs more men around him as Infamy said, but he's not a complete pillock

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2010, 12:33:03 PM »
Here's some more speculation, maybe they did ask Francis his opinion on those trades and he said they were duds,
Here's some facts, at the end of the day the trade is not his call to make, someone else makes it, simple as that
and i wasn't aware Francis is also in charge of player development once his draft picks get to the club?  :lol that's a big job, when did that happen? hope he got a six figure pay rise
He's no guru, he needs more men around him as Infamy said, but he's not a complete pillock

You'll find that Jackson is a favourite whipping boy of some on here who like to slander and knife with zero consideration of any facts or likely reality so don't waste time trying to defend the indefensible GG, even if you are 100% correct.  Logic and common sense............meet window.   :banghead

And FWIW, I rate him very highly and think he has done a very good job since coming on-board full time.

the claw

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »

You'll find that Jackson is a favourite whipping boy of some on here who like to slander and knife with zero consideration of any facts or likely reality so don't waste time trying to defend the indefensible GG, even if you are 100% correct.  Logic and common sense............meet window.   :banghead

And FWIW, I rate him very highly and think he has done a very good job since coming on-board full time.
so the club would not ask jackson his opinion and utilise his expertise when looking at trades. how naieve and unreasonable to assume. ah one expects blind faith when ferals defend our own.and you rate him highly based on what may i ask. or are you speculating.
ya know the last time i looked this was a footy website where speculation and opinion rule supreme. i know lets just close down the site so those naughty people who question things can be shut up.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2010, 06:57:42 PM »

so the club would not ask jackson his opinion and utilise his expertise when looking at trades. how naieve and unreasonable to assume. ah one expects blind faith when ferals defend our own.and you rate him highly based on what may i ask. or are you speculating.
ya know the last time i looked this was a footy website where speculation and opinion rule supreme. i know lets just close down the site so those naughty people who question things can be shut up.

What a load of dribble Claw.

"so the club would not ask jackson his opinion and utilise his expertise when looking at trades.  how naieve and unreasonable to assume."  Read the first 2 lines of GG's post again.

"and you rate him highly based on what may i ask. or are you speculating."  I rate him highly based on his results so far:
2006 - #13 Jack Riewoldt, #26 Shane Edwards, #58 Dan Connors, #60 Carl Peterson, #73 Andrew Collins, PSD Kent Kingsley
2007 - #2 Trent Cotchin, #18 Alex Rance, #51 Dean Putt, PSD David Gourdis
2008 - #8 Ty Vickery, #26 Jayden Post, #58 Tom Hislop, PSD Ben Cousins
2009 - #3 Dustin Martin, #19 Ben Griffiths, #35 David Astbury, #44 Matthew Dea, #51 Troy Taylor, #67 Jeromey Webberley, #71 Ben Nason, PSD Dylan Grimes

Only 3 of those players not on a list somewhere at present - 2 of those were retirees - and of the rest a very large majority have either cemented positions or are showing a lot of potential.  Stack his record up against the other recruiters and then come back to me with your facts, your balanced and reasoned argument.

"i know lets just close down the site so those naughty people who question things can be shut up."  What a load of wank.

Ramps

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2010, 07:54:40 PM »

What a load of dribble Claw.

"so the club would not ask jackson his opinion and utilise his expertise when looking at trades.  how naieve and unreasonable to assume."  Read the first 2 lines of GG's post again.

"and you rate him highly based on what may i ask. or are you speculating."  I rate him highly based on his results so far:
2006 - #13 Jack Riewoldt, #26 Shane Edwards, #58 Dan Connors, #60 Carl Peterson, #73 Andrew Collins, PSD Kent Kingsley
2007 - #2 Trent Cotchin, #18 Alex Rance, #51 Dean Putt, PSD David Gourdis
2008 - #8 Ty Vickery, #26 Jayden Post, #58 Tom Hislop, PSD Ben Cousins
2009 - #3 Dustin Martin, #19 Ben Griffiths, #35 David Astbury, #44 Matthew Dea, #51 Troy Taylor, #67 Jeromey Webberley, #71 Ben Nason, PSD Dylan Grimes

Only 3 of those players not on a list somewhere at present - 2 of those were retirees - and of the rest a very large majority have either cemented positions or are showing a lot of potential.  Stack his record up against the other recruiters and then come back to me with your facts, your balanced and reasoned argument.

"i know lets just close down the site so those naughty people who question things can be shut up."  What a load of wank.

2006 - Good Result draft wise at the moment
2007 - Only Cotchin at this stage - so probably not a good result so far.
2008 - Poor Result draft wise at the moment
2009 - Seems like a Good Draft

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2010, 08:19:57 PM »
2006 - Good Result draft wise at the moment.  4 ticks, 1 now playing elsewhere and showing potential so 1 half tick, 1 cross.
2007 - Only Cotchin at this stage - so probably not a good result so far.  But only 4 picks so 1 tick, 2 playing seniors and showing potential so 2 half ticks, 1 cross.
2008 - Poor Result draft wise at the moment.  1 tick even for the short term, 2 showing potential so 2 half ticks, 1 at crossroads so 1 cross.
2009 - Seems like a Good Draft.  3 ticks and 5 half ticks.

So the worst year of the lot is 2008 which coincidentally was a year that saw 2 coaches and the team play with no plan, no direction, no heart - a great environment to take your first learning steps in senior football!  I'm not going to judge that year too heavily until Hardwick has had a couple of years with those guys.  9 ticks, 10 half ticks and 3 crosses out of 22 picks of almost solely kids in their first years of football.  Judge him against his peers and tell me how he stacks up.

Ramps

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2010, 08:56:50 PM »
2006 - Good Result draft wise at the moment.  4 ticks, 1 now playing elsewhere and showing potential so 1 half tick, 1 cross.
2007 - Only Cotchin at this stage - so probably not a good result so far.  But only 4 picks so 1 tick, 2 playing seniors and showing potential so 2 half ticks, 1 cross.
2008 - Poor Result draft wise at the moment.  1 tick even for the short term, 2 showing potential so 2 half ticks, 1 at crossroads so 1 cross.

So the worst year of the lot is 2008 which coincidentally was a year that saw 2 coaches and the team play with no plan, no direction, no heart - a great environment to take your first learning steps in senior football!  I'm not going to judge that year too heavily until Hardwick has had a couple of years with those guys.  9 ticks, 10 half ticks and 3 crosses out of 22 picks of almost solely kids in their first years of football.  Judge him against his peers and tell me how he stacks up.

Youre being extremely generous with the ticks on afew players smoke  :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 09:12:39 PM »

Youre being extremely generous with the ticks on afew players smoke  :lol

Reiwoldt, Edwards, Connors, Collins, Cotchin, Cousins, Martin, Griffiths, Astbury.

Which of those do you think shouldn't get a tick Ramps?   :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 09:31:41 PM »
I HAVE a problem with your half ticks more than anything smoke. Anyway lets all look forward to the next draft.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2010, 09:37:43 PM »
I HAVE a problem with your half ticks more than anything smoke. Anyway lets all look forward to the next draft.

Yep, fair enough but the half ticks are only based on potential and these are all kids within the first 1-4 years of their careers so I'm comfortable with most of them.  Just makes me rile up when Jackson gets whacked, when his record demands anything but.

gerkin greg

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2010, 09:40:16 PM »
FJ didn't pick Kingsley, Rance, Hislop or Cousins so take them out.

He's done alright with one arm tied behind his back.

You'd be amazed at how different a draft can turn out when you actually have more than one recruiter on the ground, you're coach and football director aren't trading away picks, and someone with a bloody clue is actually developing the talent when it arrives rather than letting it rot.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010, 10:27:22 PM »
Kingsley & Cousins he didn't have any input on, but Hislop and Rance were definitely his selections. He also wanted Scott Selwood but didn't think he would still be there at Pick 19 so it was traded for McMahon

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2010, 07:07:44 AM »
Kingsley & Cousins he didn't have any input on, but Hislop and Rance were definitely his selections. He also wanted Scott Selwood but didn't think he would still be there at Pick 19 so it was traded for McMahon

Sorry Infamy but I don't believe that is correct

He didn't want the club to give up pick number 19 he wanted it kept. Others made the call on trading for McMahon, FJ had nothing to do with it.

I will repeat he wanted pick 19 kept
 :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2010, 07:15:55 AM »

So that makes it 8 ticks, 10 half ticks and 2 crosses in his 4 years to date.  Again, still waiting on someone to come up with one single shred of evidence that says he is part of any problem at our club or is doing a worse job than any other club's recruiting manager.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2010, 09:43:18 AM »

Sorry Infamy but I don't believe that is correct

He didn't want the club to give up pick number 19 he wanted it kept. Others made the call on trading for McMahon, FJ had nothing to do with it.

I will repeat he wanted pick 19 kept
 :thumbsup
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest he wanted us trading Pick 19, but I can see how I wrote it may have come across that way.
Scott Selwood & Rance were the ones he wanted with Pick 17 & 19, but he was doubtful that either or both would slip that far to us
Turned out both did so he would have been absolutely gutted that Pick 19 was traded