Author Topic: How did this happen ?  (Read 3526 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
How did this happen ?
« on: August 31, 2009, 07:06:31 PM »
                            2006 ladder

P         W   D    L      %      pts             
9 Richmond     22        11   0    11     86.1   44

15 Essendon   22        3     1    18     81.9   14
16 Carlton      22        3     1    18     74.2   14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             2009 ladder

P         W     D     L      %      pts

7 Carlton      22         13    0     9      110.5  52
8 Essendon   22         10    1     11     97.8   42

15 Richmond 22          5     1     16     74.3    22

We are now the only team since the start of 2006 to not play finals. :help
Carlton- a team that got caught cheating and had to endure crippling draft penalties have now roared past us.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:04:52 PM by mat073 »
Unleash the tornado

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: How did this happen ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 09:15:09 PM »
interesting perspective that, no secret that our youth investment that started prior to that period has not paid the dividends that Carltons has and to a lesser extent ESS. I still maintain that our list compares pretty well to the Bombers. They are a great example of a coach extracting the utmost and playing to the strengths of the group, two qualites that couldn't be said of TW reign :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Jackstar is back

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 09:25:54 PM »
Just said on ""on the couch ""
Worst month EVER of AFL Footy by a team

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »
interesting perspective that, no secret that our youth investment that started prior to that period has not paid the dividends that Carltons has and to a lesser extent ESS. I still maintain that our list compares pretty well to the Bombers. They are a great example of a coach extracting the utmost and playing to the strengths of the group, two qualites that couldn't be said of TW reign :o

our list doesn't compare to the Bombers. no way they are so far in front of us its not funny.

Even with the Lucas retiring and with Fletcher and Lloyd to follow it wont make one bit of difference. They dont need them at all.

Our best players in the past 2 years have been Richo and Cuz.

The entire recruting since Wallace started 5 years ago has been abysmal while the Blues & Bombers well the rest is history
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:38:03 PM »
I had a coffee with a mate who has connections that work pretty closely with the club.

The bottom line is that we have too many people who either work in the club or heavily influencing it that are past it and behave with self interest.

It isn't just Damien Hardwick who needs to do a clean out.

We pay our professionals a pittance and end up with a low watermark in quality.

There are several people who need to be told (as politely but firmly as possible) to shove off and pay golf. Leadership starts at the top (ironic hey) and we have not set the right leadership at the club to support the people who make the difference - coaching staff and players.

If this does not happen, it won't just be the coach who will find the task futile.

If you want a "milestone" on our progress then look no further than this forum for the "whispers" that don't come to anything. Come to think of it.....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 09:49:43 PM »
Terry went the quick fix Richmond, instead of the development Richmond.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:02:17 PM »
Terry went the quick fix Richmond, instead of the development Richmond.

correct.

writing was on the wall with the Kingsley trade.

the tanned one misjudged the list and went for the quick fix while the others bottomed out and went for the kids.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 10:04:56 PM »
I had a coffee with a mate who has connections that work pretty closely with the club.

The bottom line is that we have too many people who either work in the club or heavily influencing it that are past it and behave with self interest.

There are several people who need to be told (as politely but firmly as possible) to shove off and pay golf. Leadership starts at the top (ironic hey) and we have not set the right leadership at the club to support the people who make the difference - coaching staff and players.

If this does not happen, it won't just be the coach who will find the task futile.

If you want a "milestone" on our progress then look no further than this forum for the "whispers" that don't come to anything. Come to think of it.....

I like this post, plenty of truth spoken by your friend.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 10:24:50 PM »
Just said on ""on the couch ""
Worst month EVER of AFL Footy by a team

hmm, how did ESS go in last 3 rounds of 2008 ::)...i read elsewhere it was 3 x 10g hammerings...late season dead rubbers should be ignored either side of the ledger

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 10:33:40 PM »

You do realise that he's talking about you here as well

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 10:35:22 PM »

well with a NEW CEO in the seat champ I would expect a new direction to co-incide with a NEW look coaching panel

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 10:39:06 PM »

our list doesn't compare to the Bombers. no way they are so far in front of us its not funny.

Even with the Lucas retiring and with Fletcher and Lloyd to follow it wont make one bit of difference. They dont need them at all.

Our best players in the past 2 years have been Richo and Cuz.

The entire recruting since Wallace started 5 years ago has been abysmal while the Blues & Bombers well the rest is history

they've been coached a helluva alot better than us, thats the diff...I'd take our midfield of Lids, cotch, axel and Tambling and collins over there's any day...our backs compare well and Jack riewoldt/Morton/nahas comprare pretty well with what they have unearthewd thus far up forward....we're a mile behind in the manner in which we play as a team...inlist wise...we're right up there...make no mistake, thats the word on the street

Jackstar is back

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 10:42:12 PM »

As I have said on many occassions, I have nothing to do with the place, get the drift bozo

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 11:38:28 PM »

As I have said on many occassions, I have nothing to do with the place, get the drift bozo
Maybe not in any official capacity, but you clearly have some part in the "whispers" on this forum that were referred to

Jackstar is back

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 11:42:54 PM »

Maybe not in any official capacity, but you clearly have some part in the "whispers" on this forum that were referred to

Havent had any involvement since end of 2006.
As for the whispers, not my fault the employ clowns who cant keep the trap shut. ::)