Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1076471 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2445 on: September 17, 2013, 01:16:35 AM »
GWS
Has confirmed its interest. With midfielder Taylor Adams wanting to return home, one club recruiter said on Monday an exchange for Martin could be a fair deal.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-trail-what-are-martins-options-20130916-2tv8q.html#ixzz2f4LKtYU3

This club recruiter must be from the Giants if he thinks a straight swap would be a fair deal ::).

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2446 on: September 17, 2013, 01:20:32 AM »
Another reason why Ralph Carr is a tosser ...

Carr has close links to the Blues, having been a board member.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-face-losing-martin-20130916-2tu2q.html#ixzz2f4MUZGPl

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2447 on: September 17, 2013, 01:45:40 AM »

Just now
If the club loses Dusty in a PR battle with Ralph Carr, then they are clearly ill equipped to orchestrate his career, let alone build toward a flag.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2448 on: September 17, 2013, 01:49:37 AM »
Will stay a Tiger and it's going to be really awkward.  :whistle

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2449 on: September 17, 2013, 07:00:22 AM »
Been away for a while and have missed a few posts.

Anyone have any confirmation on the meaning of Dustin's 'CROSS' goal celebratoin last weekend?

Surely he's not that smart to do a 'no deal' sign?
The "CROSS" signal is a shoutout and show of support for a 'mate' doing time in the big house. It's meant to represent hand-cuffs.

Yep 100% understand that. I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks, surely there is a story behind that? Who was it too? We all found out about Brendan Goddards relative in jail when he did it and Krakour was all over the papers when signalling to his prison in mates... Have I missed the news where the gesture was confirmed to be signalling towards 'John Smith' who is Dustin's mate? Or has it just been assumed?

The 'no deal' sign if true makes an absolute mockery of not only our club but our game..

It was not, repeat not a "NO DEAL" sign, it was the jailhouse sign to one of his Father's mates in the big house. Was confirmed by Caro on FC last week and 3AW and reported on SEN  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2450 on: September 17, 2013, 07:05:27 AM »
Mark Stevens tonight on Talking Footy still reckons Dusty will stay at Richmond.

Stevens said Richmond sees Ralph Carr as a soft target and they called his bluff. They wouldn't have tried this with a Craig Kelly or Paul Connors. Luke Darcy chipped in with it wouldn't happen with another manager as they wouldn't have given Dusty such bad advice. Stevens added that Richmond, by calling their bluff, has put the ball right back in Dusty and Carr's corner. With Dan Richardson being a former player manager, he knows how these things work and Stevens said he expects things will be sorted out and Dusty will stay at Richmond.

Wayne Carey said that would be the best result all round especially for Dusty as did Darcy. They both also said only a top 4 club with its strong culture and leadership could handle Dusty if he were to change clubs. Dusty would run rings around young captains Trengove and Grimes at Melbourne while GWS wasn't the place for Dusty either.

I really hope they are right. His rise in form was a major reason we improved this year. He is on the rise and will develop with the right supports into a champion.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2451 on: September 17, 2013, 07:10:47 AM »
Actually though Carey made a lot of sense and dare I say it so did Darcy. Darcy gave Carr a beuat "clip round the ears"  :clapping

:bow
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2452 on: September 17, 2013, 07:37:41 AM »
Actually though Carey made a lot of sense and dare I say it so did Darcy. Darcy gave Carr a beuat "clip round the ears"  :clapping

:bow

Agree, made alot of sense  :thumbsup
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2453 on: September 17, 2013, 08:02:49 AM »
very true, unless he was getting excellent investment advice, something i doubt Carr would be interested in ensuring.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #2454 on: September 17, 2013, 08:41:23 AM »
Here is the turd responsible....Looks like the lovechild of Daryl Somers and Gavin Wood.

Is this ponce for real?  Nice hair, is his husband a hair dresser?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2455 on: September 17, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »
What a stuffing flog. Should be behind bars

What for? taking a prescription sleeping tablet?

That's what the media released. But its illegal to share prescription drugs with anyone.
FLOG is a loose canon & on the path of destruction. He loves us supporters NOT. but its his loss & all that talent he has is wasted & not getting the huge $$$ it should be getting. l really like FLOG as the footballer. he was exciting to watch.

tony_montana

« Reply #2456 on: September 17, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »
Was talking about Dan Connors TM and what happened pre draft. Dusty can shoot himself in the foot(pun intended) for all I care

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2457 on: September 17, 2013, 09:32:37 AM »
Dustin Martin ‏@DustinMartin4 twitter (in the last 10 mins)

"There have been a lot of conflicting stories going around about myself and the Richmond Footy Club. At the weekend, I asked my manager

Ralph Carr to request an extension of time from Richmond, to allow me to fully consider the options about my future. This decision was made

purely by me, together with my family. As you can understand, this is a very important decision for myself and my family and one that

I won't make lightly. I want to make it clear that I appreciate everyone's patience in allowing me the time to make this decision.

. The claims that I have walked out on the Richmond Football Club are totally incorrect. I can tell you that at this time, no decision has

Been made regarding my future"

Ok, so by this what is everyone's feeling now?
Mine has changed and it sounds like management games to me. I hope Dusty stays and thinks about all the friendships he as at RFC, he won't be as successful anywhere else and plus not too mention that he is cult figure at the Tigerland. My son is 4 and has the jumper etc and I know I am not the only patent in this boat. C'Mon supporters make some noise he is an important ingredient to our secret herbs and spices and he is only a 4 year player. Right got it off my chest.

My thoughts exactly. On SEN this arvo Robbo said (and I really have to say at this point I don't rate Robbo much as a journo) that the decision making process from here is often swayed by team mates, and people from the club. If they can convince him to stay, he probably will, especially over a matter of 70-100k. Depends on how much the playing group and coaches want him around, as to how influential they'll be. Personally, I feel its a still a 50/50. Agree totally that its just rubbish games between the prick of a manager and the club. Club would feel he's lost some of his leverage after the handcuffs signal in the final, manager wants to prove that they haven't.

Totally agree. Cotchin and co should be having a word in his ear. Look at the situation at Man United with Rooney. Senior figures at Man United convinced Rooney to stay. Glad to hear has not walked out of Richmond. I agree with comments about feeling sick in stomach.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2458 on: September 17, 2013, 09:35:07 AM »
Was talking about Dan Connors TM and what happened pre draft. Dusty can shoot himself in the foot(pun intended) for all I care

that's who l was referring too Tony.  ;D not Dust Bin

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2459 on: September 17, 2013, 10:05:12 AM »
What happened pre draft exactly? Heard that many different stories  :help