Author Topic: Luke Ball in PSD?  (Read 12843 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Luke Ball in PSD?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 10:02:11 AM »
He's not in America unless he left in the last couple of days, I know a lot of the Saints players are over there though
He was at the Nest Hotel in Port Melbourne on Saturday night

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers keep eye on Luke Ball (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 10:02:35 AM »
Tigers keep eye on Luke Ball
Jon Ralph | Herald Sun October 14, 2009

RICHMOND has entered the race for disenchanted Saint Luke Ball, with the Tigers desperate to win his leadership skills as well as his football ability.

Right attitude from the club.

If we picked him up in the PSD I would be rapt. Having a young midfield group learning from Cuz and Ball about putting your body on the line and busting a gut would be terrific for us.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 11:52:28 AM »
Would love to get him but would not want to go in a bidding war with Melbourne and overpay him. Yes he would be good and add a little more experience.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 05:10:31 PM »
Cousins, Tuck, Ball

Deledio, Tambling, Cotchin, Martin/Trengrove, Foley, Collins

:cheers

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 05:25:39 PM »
Where are we with respect to 92.5% TPP at the moment?

Bowden x 0.5, Johnson, Brown would have been on decent money. Cogs, Pettifer, Raines, Schulz, Pattison, Hughes, JON also gone (in something resembling highest to lowest earners) also gone. We'll only pick up Farmer and 8-9 kids if what Benny Gale said the other day is true. Deledio's new contract, Cuz's new contract.....

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 09:34:23 PM »
If he is there at pick 2 in the PSD then we must take him, he is 25 years old and not passed it nor is has his body or his skill, hardness at the ball and mentoring skill left him.

He would be an asset at the club for many reasons and I have just named a few. Leadership, imagine him and Cousins down there leading the younger midfielders on. Imagine game day when players like Foley, Deledio, Collins and Tambling finally get the protection they need in the centre because Ball and Cuz are sheparding players off them.

Do we need Ball???? My oath, will we get Ball, probably not, the only way we could is if Ball over prices himself so he can get to the Tigers and tells Melbourne not to even try getting him. It has worked in the passed with other high profile players going to clubs at about pick 4.

Lets just hope IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2009, 11:22:16 PM »
Melbourne, Richmond, Fremantle and North Melbourne appear unlikely to poach the veteran goalkicker [Bradshaw], instead pouring their efforts into Luke Ball.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/swans-to-swoop-on-bradshaw/story-e6frf9jf-1225787879523

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2009, 06:33:35 AM »
Melbourne, Richmond, Fremantle and North Melbourne appear unlikely to poach the veteran goalkicker [Bradshaw], instead pouring their efforts into Luke Ball.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/swans-to-swoop-on-bradshaw/story-e6frf9jf-1225787879523

I wouldn't get your hopes up over Luke ball. He's staying at st kilda.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 09:33:30 AM »
Brisbane enters the fray for Ball

MELBOURNE may hold the cards to the future of disgruntled St Kilda midfielder Luke Ball if he decides to nominate for the national or pre-season drafts, but it is understood the Brisbane Lions have entered the race and St Kilda officials have pursued him to New York.

The Saints haven't given up hope of retaining Ball, who fell out of favour last season after twice being dropped to VFL affiliate Sandringham, with two club officials reportedly flying to New York to speak to Ball, who is holidaying there.

A source at the Lions yesterday told The Sunday Age that they would be prepared to sacrifice their first pick in the AFL draft (No. 27 overall), which is three selections ahead of Collingwood (pick 30), which is also still interested in Ball after a trade-week deal failed.

The Lions have already netted two midfielders in the trade period - former Saint Xavier Clarke and former Tiger Andrew Raines - along with former Swan utility Amon Buchanan.

But the Demons haven't ruled out plucking Ball with their fourth pick overall (pick 18) in the draft and are also negotiating with Ball's management to potentially take him in the pre-season draft.

Richmond has also said it would gamble its second selection in the pre-season draft for Ball if he was still available, but ruled out using an early pick in the national draft.

Ball's manager Paul Connors told The Sunday Age yesterday that a decision on Ball's preferred destination was still at least two weeks away: ''He's away, I'm away, we'll chat when we're all back.''

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/brisbane-enters-the-fray-for-ball/2009/10/17/1255624774815.html

Voss must of been a big fan of trading footy cards when he was a kid.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 02:06:22 PM »
Latest rumour on SEN is Luke Ball will stay at St Kilda according to some caller who knows a Saint supporter who lives next door to Ball's girlfriend in Upper Beaconsfield.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 10:27:54 AM »
Latest rumour on SEN is Luke Ball will stay at St Kilda according to some caller who knows a Saint supporter who lives next door to Ball's girlfriend in Upper Beaconsfield.

he isn't going anywhere
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2009, 01:14:46 PM »

That caller obviously knows crap then.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2009, 02:35:15 PM »

That caller obviously knows crap then.

I had quality mail he would stay. He won't be popular with his soon to be ex teammates if the report is true
It's that simple Spud

Ramps

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »
So is he leaving now or not? Its better for us if he leaves St Kilda. Melbourne will either be forced to take him 1 in the PSD or maybe use 18 in the National draft.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 02:58:35 PM »
I hope someone picks him up before pick 19! Can only be good for us  :pray